Last yrs buck.

Nothing wrong with that ol' boy!

Bd, I might be mixed up on who got what last yr, but wasn't it you that killed 1 that makes this one look like a juvenile? If it was you go ahead and put him up on this post.......I like seeing big deer.

Great set of horns ShadeTree!

Thanks. He was good enough I was tickled.........course the size is just icing on the cake, it was a cool hunt which adds to it. I busted him by playing the wind sneak hunting, and taking his nose away from him.

Nice looking buck. Great job on the European style mount. Every time you see it you will remember the experience. Are you going to put it on a plaque? Dan

Nice looking buck. Great job on the European style mount. Every time you see it you will remember the experience. Are you going to put it on a plaque? Dan

Yeah it was a litte different kind of hunt.........sneaking with the wind in my face and seen him on his feet without him seeing me, about 100 yds out. He was in way too thick of stuff for a shot and after several minutes he finally moved 8 steps or so and gave me an opening. Don't know for sure yet on the plaque, or how I'm gonna display it, but probably on a plaque.

Yeah it was a litte different kind of hunt.........sneaking with the wind in my face and seen him on his feet without him seeing me, about 100 yds out. He was in way too thick of stuff for a shot and after several minutes he finally moved 8 steps or so and gave me an opening. Don't know for sure yet on the plaque, or how I'm gonna display it, but probably on a plaque.
Look at the taxidermist wood shop, he has a bunch of plaques at good prices. Various woods and synthetics to pick from.

Bd, I might be mixed up on who got what last yr, but wasn't it you that killed 1 that makes this one look like a juvenile? If it was you go ahead and put him up on this post.......I like seeing big deer.

Thanks. He was good enough I was tickled.........course the size is just icing on the cake, it was a cool hunt which adds to it. I busted him by playing the wind sneak hunting, and taking his nose away from him.
ST, you might be thinking of the 10pt I got last fall. He was a nice buck, but that takes nothing away from the one you got. From looking at the pics, it looks like yours is nice and wide, which is more like the one I got in 2019.

2021:

IMG_20211130_111510.jpg

2019:

IMG_20191110_194037.jpg

Cheers,
Brian

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the one I was thinking of Bd. That's a good one. I like them heavy horned rascals. Looks like the tine length is really good on that buck also. I'm not a score keeper, only in reference to how big a buck is, but I'd say your buck would score 30-40 pts higher. That's a dandy.

Look at the taxidermist wood shop, he has a bunch of plaques at good prices. Various woods and synthetics to pick from.

Forgot to acknowledge your post. It wouldn't load the site initially, but checked it again here and it loaded up. Pretty cool stuff on there!

Some of it if I paid myself just $5 an hr I don't know if I could still get it done for that money. Until I dig my tools out, do some measuring and figuring, start over 3 times because I messed something up or something doesn't suit me, then finish it with a couple coats of something. I don't know what I'm doing with it yet, but if I go with a plaque or pedestal, I can't hardly make it for what some of their prices are.

Not big but decent enough I skinned out the head, and I got a buddy who does a nice job of cleaning up the skulls. Gotta figure out how and where to display it.

That’s a nice size rack. I’ve had several European mounts done by a place near me. For $10 they put it on a plaque with the year engraved. My avatar is last year’s done by them.

That’s a nice size rack. I’ve had several European mounts done by a place near me. For $10 they put it on a plaque with the year engraved. My avatar is last year’s done by them.

That's a cheap add on for sure. This was a from a friend that we help each other out on things back and forth and it was free, so I can't be fussing it's not on a plaque. Lol.

Forgot to acknowledge your post. It wouldn't load the site initially, but checked it again here and it loaded up. Pretty cool stuff on there!

Some of it if I paid myself just $5 an hr I don't know if I could still get it done for that money. Until I dig my tools out, do some measuring and figuring, start over 3 times because I messed something up or something doesn't suit me, then finish it with a couple coats of something. I don't know what I'm doing with it yet, but if I go with a plaque or pedestal, I can't hardly make it for what some of their prices are.
He makes one that doubles as a plaque or pedestal, just have to turn one piece a different direction to switch from wall to table display.

here is one I had mounted . it looks like an easy to make plaque . it works for hanging on the wall , or setting on a table . this guy also does a lower jaw picture frame . if it interests you and you want some different pics , or measurements , let me know .

P7220442.JPG

P7220443.JPG

P7220444.JPG

P7220445.JPG
P7220450.JPG
P7220451.JPG

here are two types of head mounts I've bought for wall hanging heads . one is just a simple "L" bracket . the other is a mini ball type set up . I need to do something with my heads , and horns , I'm just not sure what .

P7220446.JPG

P7220447.JPG

Back