Leica 2.5-10X42

nvbroncrider

Handloader
Aug 20, 2011
Well I picked up a couple of these to go on my big boomers. I got one mounted on my 9.3X62 and so far with one range session in the book very impressed with it. Very clear and enormous amounts of eye relief. 3.94" to be exact. Also it has an elevation turret that has a Zero Stop function and 20 MOA of adjustment which will carry me as far as I will ever want to shoot. The Zeiss on my 338 will be replaced by this as well. The Zeiss is very nice but is borderline on eye relief and I sometimes have to chase the eye box in it. It's #4 reticle is also a tad thick for my liking as well. Time on the range and hunting will tell me more but so far the Leica is an excellent scope.

Drats! Jake, you're going to make me buy another Leica. I have need of another scope, and I was about to buy a Zeiss HD5, just because I don't own one. I do own a few Leicas, and I "likea" them. Oh, well, it's just money; they print more of the stuff every day. :grin: Truthfully, Leicas have been a real bargain in the area of premium scopes for many years. Glad you are enjoying the glass.

I don't think you are going to have to many complaints with that new Leica they are top shelf, I purchased one used and I am very fond of it.

Blessings,
Dan

That Jakes quite a guy! He keeps pointing this Leica out to me and telling me I need one for my .280 AI! :twisted: :mrgreen: It would sit on there very nicely I might add, but man the $$$.

That particular scope is a real bargain, David. Once you've used it, you'll wonder how you got along without it.

I am consider this Leica, or the new 1.7-10x42 Meopta R2 w/ill dot. I'm sure they're both top shelf. Does this Leica have the illumination?

I have one Leica ER 2.5-10x42 and I really like it. I may buy another one just because of the long eye relief and the really good optical sharpness. They are the bargain of premium scopes for sure.

Jgraider":31owpquw said:
I am consider this Leica, or the new 1.7-10x42 Meopta R2 w/ill dot. I'm sure they're both top shelf. Does this Leica have the illumination?

The "ER" series does not have illumination, while the "ERi" series does. Leica dropped the non-illuminated ER models (2.5-10x42 and 3.5-14x42) last year in favor of carrying only the illuminated ERi models (2.5-10x42 and 3-12x50). The ER models that are still out there can be had at less than $1k, and are hard to beat for value. The ERi models are a bit more spendy.

The ERi model at EuroOptic is about $300 more than the ER model. I like the new 5X Leica scopes as well and they are priced right on EuroOptic.

I have a Leica pocket 8x20 and a Leica pocket camera, along with the scope. Everything they make is first-cabin stuff.

Back