long range accubond...

mrandrew

Beginner
Nov 15, 2011
Hey nosler. Is there anyway that you could make me some 170 grain long range accubonds next year? My 308 is feeling left out of the long range market.

Maybe like a .550 b.c.? Need something I can throw 2600 fps from a 24 inch pipe.

Do you own any other rifles? A 308 is not really known for its ability to take big game at long range. (y)

Andrew I'll let you have this for $700 with out the scope if you really want to reach out and touch something. had this listed in the for sale Forum and you can check out the details there.

Attachments

• NCM_0155.JPG
    NCM_0155.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 2,067
  • NCM_0156.JPG
    NCM_0156.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 2,067
Nice 300 Bee! Now that is a long range hammer 190 ABLR at 3100 fps!

FOTIS":mcual4hi said:
Fotis. one prospective buyer told me it wasn't big enough or have enough power to be a long range cartridge and was going to look at a 30-378 or a 338-378. He also told me that there wasn't that much difference between it and a 300WSM. :shock:

"Prospective Buyers" often will say anything to try and put you in a defensive position in order to reduce the price. When they start doing that to me, I just ignore them. They are not going to buy anyhow.

truck driver":diwf1uw3 said:
FOTIS":diwf1uw3 said:
Fotis. one prospective buyer told me it wasn't big enough or have enough power to be a long range cartridge and was going to look at a 30-378 or a 338-378. He also told me that there wasn't that much difference between it and a 300WSM. :shock:

He must live near me.

Had one the other day tell me 30-30, 308, 30/06 and 300 mag were all different calibers, not chamberings but calibers, and that you could not load a bullet made for a 30/30 into a piece of 300 brass. They are not all .30 cals, they are infact .3030" cal, .308" cal, .3006" cal and .300 cal.

Same guy also said that .308 Win's are great at long range because other cals loose velocity and energy as they fly but .308 Win's do not loose any as they fly, that's why snipers use them.

So don't worry guys, stupid is alive and well.

HeathSexton":3dh7n9xq said:
truck driver":3dh7n9xq said:
FOTIS":3dh7n9xq said:

He must live near me.

Had one the other day tell me 30-30, 308, 30/06 and 300 mag were all different calibers, not chamberings but calibers, and that you could not load a bullet made for a 30/30 into a piece of 300 brass. They are not all .30 cals, they are infact .3030" cal, .308" cal, .3006" cal and .300 cal.

Same guy also said that .308 Win's are great at long range because other cals loose velocity and energy as they fly but .308 Win's do not loose any as they fly, that's why snipers use them.

Yup, breeding and voting.

JD338

HeathSexton":3cl5885e said:
truck driver":3cl5885e said:
FOTIS":3cl5885e said:

He must live near me.

He must be a gun store clerk?

Oldtrader3":2dti43zl said:
HeathSexton":2dti43zl said:
truck driver":2dti43zl said:
FOTIS":2dti43zl said:

He must live near me.

He must be a gun store clerk?

He is actually a nurse.

The guy has never reloaded a single round in his life, Leupold, Ziess, etc = overrated, his Simmons and Tasco scopes are just as bright. See-thru rings are the bomb since you can see your sights, you know, just in case. His Rossi trifecta shoots 3/8" groups all day long with Wolf FMJ after playing 5 rounds of dizzy bat.

Oh yeah, and his dad can beat up your dad.........

Most of us grow out of that phase of our lives by the time we are teen agers. This guy must be stuck at 12 years old?

OK - Just for laughs here is one that our whitetail "guide" told our group in a passing conversation:

" I really don't like the 7mm's because the bullet gets too small by the time it reaches the game. I prefer a 30 cal which will be reduced to about 7mm by the air friction burning it down in flight". I curiously asked him if he was serious and he assured me that he knew what he was talking about. I declined to argue the point.

I was wondering if he ever shot a bullet through a piece of paper, and if so, is that what lead him to come to such an incredible conclusion.

I like 7mm's, especially 7RM's, wanna know why?

"My grandpa shoots a 7 Mag for our deerS around here. It's dead on at 100yds and it stays perfectly flat out to 500yds and then it drops 1" every 100yds past that to 1000yds."

Oh yeah, what kind of scope?

"A bushnell 6-18x50 in see through rings and the end twists so it zeroes for you and he shoots 175 core-lokts for more knock down powers"

OK, well, good talking to you, I need to go punch myself in the face for allowing the conversation to happen.....

One of the gun shop jockeys was telling everyone how he regularly kills groundhogs with his Rem 700 in 25-06. It only took a nano second for me to suspect that he was full of sh__. I asked him what type of rangefinder he was using and his inability to name one certainly confirmed my suspicion. Ultimately he said that he didn't need one when using the flat-shootin' 25-06!

You just gotta love some of these guys who seem to know everything and at the same time don't have a clue about anything. LOL

And they vote! Maybe that accounts for how we got into the current situation. :(

HeathSexton":2ik1alw9 said:
I like 7mm's, especially 7RM's, wanna know why?

"My grandpa shoots a 7 Mag for our deerS around here. It's dead on at 100yds and it stays perfectly flat out to 500yds and then it drops 1" every 100yds past that to 1000yds."

Oh yeah, what kind of scope?

"A bushnell 6-18x50 in see through rings and the end twists so it zeroes for you and he shoots 175 core-lokts for more knock down powers"

OK, well, good talking to you, I need to go punch myself in the face for allowing the conversation to happen.....

LMBO!

Actually, we used to kill Marmots at 500 yards before we had rangefinders, it just took some range dope and some luck guessing range.

I bought my first rangefinder just last year...been shooting LR since the mid 80's...I started with a 25-06, and laid waste to thousands of groundhogs at ranges between 5 and 500 yards before I even knew there was such a thing as laser rangefinders.

Its not impossible to make hits at expended ranges without modern equipment....its just easier to learn how to do it if you have that modern equipment.

Back