Looking for Comments on the 260REM Caliber

DrMike":sjzbi841 said:
This forum is like going to rehab and finding out your personal addication counselor is Tommy Lee!!

Now, that is funny! :mrgreen: Who is Tommy Lee? :?

Don't ask for advice on how to withdraw by seeking out addicts! It likely won't work.

Keith Richards?

Personally, I'd get the .260, but then I already have a .25-06 (granted, not a Sako).

DrMike":121whqrm said:
This forum is like going to rehab and finding out your personal addication counselor is Tommy Lee!!

Now, that is funny! :mrgreen: Who is Tommy Lee? :?

Don't ask for advice on how to withdraw by seeking out addicts! It likely won't work.

Tommy Lee was the drummer for Motley Crue who married Canada's own Pamela Anderson. I thought for sure you would know that one DrMike?? :lol:

BK Keith Richards would be a great example from that generation or maybe John Bonham Led Zeppelin! :shock:

Tommy Lee was the drummer for Motley Crue who married Canada's own Pamela Anderson. I thought for sure you would know that one DrMike??

Actually, I did know that. However, that evening, I was giddy from lack of sleep. :) Waaaaaay back when, I played a little rock and knew a little about the rocker life. I had an afro and everything while living in NYC. I didn't even own a rifle in those days! :shock: I managed to smarten up somewhat since that time. :wink:

DrMike":nasg309n said:
Tommy Lee was the drummer for Motley Crue who married Canada's own Pamela Anderson. I thought for sure you would know that one DrMike??

Actually, I did know that. However, that evening, I was giddy from lack of sleep. :) Waaaaaay back when, I played a little rock and knew a little about the rocker life. I had an afro and everything while living in NYC. I didn't even own a rifle in those days! :shock: I managed to smarten up somewhat since that time. :wink:

Say it isn't SO! Holy Smokes Mike! I just laughed so hard, my sushi almost came shooting out of my mouth! I would love for your bride to email that picture to me!

Not ONE rifle huh! Scotty

Nah, the rifles came later. While attending the Einstein College of Medicine, I was still pretty crazy. It is my wife's fault that I do outdoor stuff. While conducting doctoral studies at the University of Texas a few years after NYC, my bride decided I needed to do some man stuff. She told me I needed to go fishing, or something. I think she knew she had made a serious mistake when I came home from target with two complete fishing outfits. When it reached thirteen, she dissented and said maybe I should reconsider and take up hunting. Well, the rest is history. Poor woman. I tried to return to the narrow path of sanity, considering moving to Washington, DC in early 2000. Again, my lady influenced me into the darkened pathway when she said she didn't want to be so far away from her grandchildren. She insisted that I find a congregation in British Columbia (I was then in Jasper, AB). So, it was Dawson Creek. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. I dare not allow her to peer into my safe, however.

WOW! I like how you put it all on the wife Mike! I am going to have to remember that one!

Looking forward to seeing a picture of the afro in the future Mike! Scotty

DrMike":1iozwzzk said:
I dare not allow her to peer into my safe, however.

Yes same with my wife...and hopefully try and sneek the 260 into my safe....should blend in with the other Sako m75 Greywolf and couple Tikka T3 lS models....RIGHT!!?? :wink: ...... :mrgreen:

Whoa... Doc Mike with an afro and no rifles, Marine Scotty eating sushi, did I stumble on some sort of parallel universe Nosler site? I'm a little freaked out here!

Whoa... Doc Mike with an afro and no rifles, Marine Scotty eating sushi, did I stumble on some sort of parallel universe Nosler site? I'm a little freaked out here!

Kurt,

You are now in the Twilight Zone. Nothing makes any sense here. Well, not much, anyway.

BK":399lslf8 said:

Kurt, aren't you on your way to buy a M70 243 Featherweight? Focus on the task at hand!

I figure Mike still keeps an afro around for the moose season. With a little soft calling his afro head probably looks like an attractive cow mooses hump and brings them moose right to their end! Scotty

With a little soft calling his afro head probably looks like an attractive cow mooses hump and brings them moose right to their end!

Can't tell you how soft the calling is, but I do have the moan perfected.

DrMike":1uktlja7 said:
With a little soft calling his afro head probably looks like an attractive cow mooses hump and brings them moose right to their end!

Can't tell you how soft the calling is, but I do have the moan perfected.

Mike, I can't wait to see it in action! Scotty

beretzs":2zbeq2xm said:
Kurt, aren't you on your way to buy a M70 243 Featherweight? Focus on the task at hand!

I'm back in SoCal, so it's gonna have to wait until I get home on the 4th of July weekend. What better way to celebrate our country's birthday than a new rifle, right?

BK":ojbiueos said:
beretzs":ojbiueos said:

I'm back in SoCal, so it's gonna have to wait until I get home on the 4th of July weekend. What better way to celebrate our country's birthday than a new rifle, right?

I agree, there is nothing more American than a new rifle on the 4th of July! Scotty

A few weeks to plan things... VX3 3.5-10x40, Talleys, dies, brass. I already have a bunch of 6mm bullets, so that's covered. Maybe I'll just shoot cheap Winchester or Federal factory loads for a while instead of buying brass.

I think I need to get an extra VX3, so I can start swapping scopes around so I can start getting the M1 elevation turrets installed on my older ones.

That 3.5x10 is a favorite. Shooting the 243 is a bunch of fun too. Alot of performance in a little package. Plus, those little 95gr BT's are nasty on deer! Scotty

Back