Lucky group.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
But hey, I'll take it. With a good trigger I can shoot 1/2" and occasionally better than that with a gun and load that's capable of doing so, but I'm not naïve enough to believe I'm capable of minute groups. Some might be, but my heartbeat jiggles 1/4" so anything below 1/2" I'm ecstatic. :lol:

I'm always fiddling and experimenting. Done some barrel work on my 22-250 and then some testing. Lo and behold I shot my best group ever. Outside edge of hole measures .287 by my measurement with caliper's. Might play the lottery this week if anybody's interested in kicking in for tickets. :lol:

Excellent shooting!! Now can you do it again? :grin: Somebody has to keep Fotis on his toes.

I had a good group of my own this weekend. Working on some loads for my .243 using the 70gr Nosler Varmageddon bullet. I think I found a node.

IMG_20190603_162113.jpg

bdbrown66":1his5g3f said:
Excellent shooting!! Now can you do it again? :grin: Somebody has to keep Fotis on his toes.

I had a good group of my own this weekend. Working on some loads for my .243 using the 70gr Nosler Varmageddon bullet. I think I found a node.

I'm going to make it real easy on myself and say no. Groups like you shot are what I'm typically going for on my best days with my best shooting rifle's. Most times I can't get there. Good shooting. (y)

Great shooting guys! Must have been something in the water this weekend leading to good shooting. I managed an 8 shot group without a flier or pulling a shot.

Attachments

• 1559604775721 - Edited.jpg
    1559604775721 - Edited.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 919
hunter24605":33c2j0mj said:
Great shooting guys! Must have been something in the water this weekend leading to good shooting. I managed an 8 shot group without a flier or pulling a shot.

Excellent. That's some bragging rights there. You got that 22 caliber firing on all cylinders. (y)

hunter24605":1crxnoi9 said:
Hot dog!! That's a great group there. I've been thinking about doing some tinkering with my .22-250, and you guys might have pushed me over the edge.

That is some fine riflery, to be sure. Congratulations. Eight shots/ That is a grand accomplishment.

Wow, guys. Those are amazing groups! Each of you certainly earn "bragging rights" for those. If I had groups like those I would post them above my loading bench. Congratulations.

Dan

hunter24605":1lldnaem said:

I just laugh when my gunsmith buddy talks about "Salvages". They are the most accurate factory guns I've played with so I can see why he doesn't like them. Customers don't have to spend $1000 to make them shoot like the Remingtons he is so fond of :mrgreen:

desertcj":3l8stbn3 said:
hunter24605":3l8stbn3 said:

I just laugh when my gunsmith buddy talks about "Salvages". They are the most accurate factory guns I've played with so I can see why he doesn't like them. Customers don't have to spend $1000 to make them shoot like the Remingtons he is so fond of :mrgreen:

They shoot. Some of them really shoot. Add in the cost comparisons and I'm not sure anything can touch them. Recently worked on one in a 220 Swift for a guy. Aftermarket trigger I set up under 8oz, and he has a decent scope on it and a good load for it. 1/4" groups and sometimes under is no great task. Seen his targets and been at the range when he's shooting it. It would be a tough rifle to beat no matter how much money you want to spend for something else.

Excellent. You guys make me want to try even harder. 8 in a hole has me beat as I am scared to shoot any more after 3 in one.

Check out this inexpensive software that allows you to electronically measure your targets MOA, etc. as long as you have a reference measurement.

https://ontargetshooting.com/ontarget-pc/

Attachments

• 168 Berger .280AI 200 yrd.jpg
    168 Berger .280AI 200 yrd.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 757
Was working up 2 reloads in 458WM to shoot to same POA.
Iron sights - rifle on sandbags at 50 yds.
Group was 1/16" CTC.

1 was a 450 Swift-A. The other was a 450 Barnes solid:

Attachments

• 458M798_092515_2Shots2loads.jpg
    458M798_092515_2Shots2loads.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 727
RaySendero":2hhg4fes said:
Was working up 2 reloads in 458WM to shoot to same POA.
Iron sights - rifle on sandbags at 50 yds.
Group was 1/16" CTC.

1 was a 450 Swift-A. The other was a 450 Barnes solid:

Winner winner chicken dinner. Hee hee. That's way cool and would be super hard to top, all variables considered. Excellent. (y)

Iron sights and two different bullets out of a blast furnace with a sledge hammer on the end of it........unique group with that combo for sure.

My best I have twice at 300 yards shot a 7/8 inch group with my Remington 700 BDL 6mm Rem. with a Steel tube Weaver 3x9 40mm scope.
Once with Sierra 85gr BTHP and once with Hornady 100gr BTSP. Three shot groups
For what this rifle is and with this optics I think it's good.

Back