Lyman 1200 DPS3

Ashman

Beginner
Dec 3, 2009
For years I have been using a 5-0-5 scale and have been very happy with it, but while visiting a friend last summer (2009) I got my first look at the 1200 and was pretty impressed. I mentioned to my wife I needed to get one (apparently more than once) so she gave me one for Christmas last year. It has been sitting on my reloading bench ever since, guess I was a bit scared to try something new. My 2 sons and I are getting ready for the upcoming whitetail season and all 3 of us were getting low on ammo, so we decided now would be a good time to start loading up.....which was gonna involve a lot of measuring with the way we had been doing things with the 5-0-5.

It was now time to break out the 1200 and get aquainted. After reading directions and giving it a couple of test runs.....we were off and running with it. We loved how much quicker we were able to charge our cases. Now I'm wondering why I waited so long. :?: Think we need to go to the range and burn some more ammo, I can't wait to use it again. :lol:

The up side of new equipment is that you load more and shoot more. The down side of new equipment is that you load more and shoot more. Hmmm. Sounds like a win-win deal to me. Glad you are enjoying the 1200 DPS3.

Im about ready to throw my dps 2 off a $@#^@& bridge! Whats different about the dps3? Our dps2 will pour a charge and then say cal/zero after no more than2-3 rounds these days and over pours most the time to where im dumping out powder everytime, after I rezero its not measuring the same so I have to start all over, I really need to call lyman but I dont think they will do anything on a 2 or 3 yeary old machine.

matts318":3l3f4jcj said:
Im about ready to throw my dps 2 off a $@#^@& bridge! Whats different about the dps3? Our dps2 will pour a charge and then say cal/zero after no more than2-3 rounds these days and over pours most the time to where im dumping out powder everytime, after I rezero its not measuring the same so I have to start all over, I really need to call lyman but I dont think they will do anything on a 2 or 3 yeary old machine.

Give them a call. I sent in my DPS3 that I've had for about two years. It was over throwing charges due to the dispenser wouldn't slow down fast enough and I even had the restrictor plug in it. They installed a new circuit board and sent it back to me - NO CHARGE at all. So far so good.

Back