Midway USA

345 kv

Beginner
Sep 25, 2014
Great Customer Service! I ordered a Leupold VX3i and Tally rings and bases from Midway. Today the box arrived with nothing in it except packing bubbles . One end was crushed and taped up. I called Midway, told them what I had received. They said they would replace the order and ship it out today.

My order got lost and Midway promptly sent me a replacement order.
About 18 months later the original order was found. I called Midway and they told me to keep it and Merry Christmas.
Lots of companies could learn from Midway.

Vince

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've bought a lot of stuff from them, and more often then not the box is too big, too weak, and bullets falling out of the box and or nothing in them! They need to have a complete remake of their shipping department so that stupid things like that don't continue to happen! Bad for the bottom line, and I bet their insurance Company doesn't find it too humorous?

Living at a high altitude proves issues with those company's that use the air packs. They stuff the box full when they tape it up, and by the time it's at my door, it's bloated into an orb and the tape is screaming for its life trying to hold on. One tap with the knife point and it explodes open, air packs fly everywhere and well... that's it. It's pretty typical after that.

They have always been a top notch company to me with great customer service should you ever need it. I buy the majority of my reloading supplies from them with the exception of powder and primers which I buy locally because of the hazmat. I've had a couple issues with them over the years and they took care of it immediately. Can't say the same for some of the others I've dealt with.

Scope and mounts arrived today in the US mail instead of UPS. And yes the box was swelled up like a football due to air packs expanding.

Glad to hear that Midway came through for you and you have your new scope.
Let us know what you think of the new VX-3i

JD338

JD338":86cf5ud0 said:
Glad to hear that Midway came through for you and you have your new scope.
Let us know what you think of the new VX-3i

JD338

I would be interested in feedback on this scope as well.

I bought the scope for a rifle I'm putting together so it won't be mounted for awhile. The scope is a one inch VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm CDS with Wind-Plex. No AO or side focus. Last night was the first night it was light when I got home since I got the scope. Hand held the scope is clear and the crosshairs are sharp. Sun down was at 7:04 last night and at 7:30 I could see the wires on the fence at 100 yards. At 7:45 I could see the crosshairs on wooden fence posts to about 200 yards.

I felt some resentment in ~2000 when Midway dropped free shipping and Potterfield went on safari with antique Winchesters. I had been buying once a week, but without free shipping I started using other suppliers.
Recently Potterfield has been making better gunsmithing youtube videos than I can.
He does not need money, he is just doing this because he loves gunsmithing.
I like him now.

Back