MINOX?

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Kahles, especially at the prices at which they were marketed a few years back. After Swarovski and Kahles split the sheets, the price of Kahles climbed to levels that were touching Swarovski. Those that have been brought in more recently are fairly steep. Still, it is excellent glass and they will give you excellent service for many years.

I have also have (2) of the Kahles AH scopes (made in 2001-2002). Both are the 1" tube, 3-9x42 and 3.5-10x50 respectively. I bought them new for under $600 each. Of course, I wish now that I had bought a couple more before they split with Swarovski.

The 3.5-10 has been on a .340 Weatherby Mark V that I shoot quite a bit for over three years now and has had no issues. It was on a .270 before that.

Does the wife say, "Thank you, fellows?" Or does she have another take? Come on, Steve, tell the truth. :grin:

DrMike":3rpujdj6 said:
Does the wife say, "Thank you, fellows?" Or does she have another take? Come on, Steve, tell the truth. :grin:

I think Steve is still on the new side of this Mike. Takes the wives a little bit to really come around to how this site really gets into your system....

I would dare any of you all to ask about Nosler. She really thinks they have a direct line of shipping to my house. Says the UPS guys knows the boxes by heart!

I would dare any of you all to ask about Nosler. She really thinks they have a direct line of shipping to my house. Says the UPS guys knows the boxes by heart!

I don't dare ask my wife about rifles! It is probably a good thing that HS doesn't permit shipments into Canada or there would be trouble at my house! :shock:

I am afraid to ask her. Scotty is right!! I am new on this side of things. I might not be able to handle the truth. :)
...but getting her own rifle didn't hurt. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

When you guys figure out how to get things (actually!) by the wife, clue me in, I have only been married for 49-1/2 years and have not figured the details all out quite yet.

Bud, I have been told that we just start to understand at 50th anniversary so I am 13 away from inlightenment :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

I dunno', Dan. I'm coming up on forty-five years of matrimony, and unless there is some magical, mystical conferring of esoteric knowledge that precipitously descends from on high, that doesn't seem eminently possible/

Guys, I've only been married 15yrs as of this June, so I'm just a young buck compared to you fellows nearing Golden Anniversaries, but here's my take:

1. Marriage is all about knowing when to speak, and when to shut up. Trouble is, I have no idea which is which, and on the off chance I speak at the right time, I invariably say the wrong things. I've managed to agree with my wife, and still make her angry.

2. One thing I know for sure is this: I'm labor. She's management. Labor's not paid to think. Labor doesn't make decisions. Labor carries out the directives of management. Labor's only recourse is the nuclear option of work stoppage, which I've learned is effective, but so catastrophic that it had better be worth it before you vote to strike.

3. Three things a fellow should always know:
1. A good florist.
2. The nearest Hallmark Shop.
3. A good jeweler.

If you can keep those things in mind, you might do alright. Oh, and I heard some sage advice from a friend of mine's dad way back when we were kids, that has less to do with marriage and more to do with life, but here's his outlook:

"Son, don't never be caught in bed with no dead woman, no live man, or no wet dog. You keep to that, and you'll be okay."

dubyam,

You are a philosopher, my friend. I wish you'd been around when I got married. Of course, you'd a been a mere babe in arms and of no particular value in steering me away from the multiple mistakes I managed to inflict on myself. Nevertheless, I commend you, me lad, for thinking through the great issues of life. :roll:

Yes we all have had to learn at different speeds :wink:
Truly though I married a beauty and when have had a great marriage once I realize that there are just sometimes no matter how hard I try :lol: I just can't understand how the female gender think. I guess that is why we attract to each other.
Joke fellas. Last night we went out for supper ( this part is true) 10 of us including my wife's 84 year old dad. I said I just want to tell you Pop that 37 years ago I married Mrs. Right, I just wish you would have told me her first name was Always :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":2qeoun8q said:
Yes we all have had to learn at different speeds :wink:
Truly though I married a beauty and when have had a great marriage once I realize that there are just sometimes no matter how hard I try :lol: I just can't understand how the female gender think. I guess that is why we attract to each other.
Joke fellas. Last night we went out for supper ( this part is true) 10 of us including my wife's 84 year old dad. I said I just want to tell you Pop that 37 years ago I married Mrs. Right, I just wish you would have told me her first name was Always :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

Holy smokes Dan. You aren't kidding. I married Mrs. Right's sister! I am young in a 10 year marriage. I am on the slow track to learning. I imagine I will eventually get something right, but again, I am not going to hold my breath!

Oh man, I don't need to be reading this less than a week before I surrender! (Though to be honest, I'm more likely to be the one who is "always" right!)

BK":3lxrxubo said:
Oh man, I don't need to be reading this less than a week before I surrender! (Though to be honest, I'm more likely to be the one who is "always" right!)

You might be right this week, but let me help you out. Starting next week, that will not be the case. Learn to adapt now, you will feel less pain in the end!

Brian, I agree..

BK":1v3v58hv said:

A wise man once told me, as I got ready to leave the reception at my own wedding, "Son, you need to make a choice and stick with it, from this point forward. You need to decide tonight. Do you want to be happy, or do you want to be right?"

dubyam":18e5mwgl said:
BK":18e5mwgl said:

A wise man once told me, as I got ready to leave the reception at my own wedding, "Son, you need to make a choice and stick with it, from this point forward. You need to decide tonight. Do you want to be happy, or do you want to be right?"

Dub, I am not sure there has ever been truer words spoken. That is probably carved in stone somewhere!

As I said, dub, you're a philosopher. Pity such wisdom didn't exist when the dinosaurs were roaming the earth and I was a young pup.

Back