MINOX?

DrMike":1kzfcsnj said:
A wise man once told me, as I got ready to leave the reception at my own wedding, "Son, you need to make a choice and stick with it, from this point forward. You need to decide tonight. Do you want to be happy, or do you want to be right?"

As I said, dub, you're a philosopher. Pity such wisdom didn't exist when the dinosaurs were roaming the earth and I was a young pup.

Man, I knew you were there! I saw pictures of you in school.. What was it like to stand fully upright for the first time? :lol:

There are still skinned places on my knuckles. Nevertheless, I could move surprisingly fast (for a knuckle walked). :shock:

Hey Guys, please remember to give your Moms a call today along with thanking the mother of your children!!

Blessings,
Dan

Holy crap...I just read through this entire thread and I'm rolling with laughter!

Dubyam, as usual, has produced a post for the ages with his take on marital accord.

My wife and I will be married for 13 years next month. I think I have been right a handful of times during those 13 years, but she usually reminds me that I was, indeed, wrong.

The key here, is to remind them that if they are always right, and they decided we were the men best suited for them, well, then they can't ever be too mad at us, right?

I am hoping for success with that, but if you don't hear from me for a couple weeks, you'll know how it played out.

Good luck with that young fella :wink: let us know how it turns out :shock:
You know that I am just kidding.

Blessings,
Dan

That was a great article Jake. I read a bunch Nick Harvey's articles when I was rolling around with the Aussie's my last trip. Pretty good writer and I like the test. Don't need to sell me much more on Minox. I wished there were a few changes to their optics, but I like them all the same.

Oldtrader3":2mffxuz7 said:
nvbroncrider":2mffxuz7 said:
Here's a review on these I read and thought was pretty decent I definately wouldn't put a rifle through the test he performed on the scope!

http://www.minox.com/fileadmin/media/te ... hooter.pdf

My takeaway from this article is that Minox is now located in Wetzlar and is a division of Zeiss World Inc.

Don't know, but man, I will take all they sell at Show Special prices!

nvbroncrider":fs0is3bb said:
SJB358":fs0is3bb said:
nvbroncrider":fs0is3bb said:
Or @ $299 for a 2-10!! On it's way!

Where did you score the 2-10 from Jake?

http://www.samplelist.com/Minox-2-10x40 ... 57831.aspx

The ENABLER forgot that he sent me the flyer! I'm signed up for it but hadn't seen it as my copy went to the SPAM folder. Cameraland with a #4!

Oh yeah! I would have paid the extra for the #4 too Jake. I think you are going to like them alot. I can't say enough good about them. Until I can spring for a Leica/Swaro, the Minox does great service for me. Plus, Kenton will retrofit turrets on them if you so desired too. Their price and turn around isn't bad at all.

I'll give you the comparison to the Z6. Did you read about the new ZEi Minox coming out this fall? 30mm tube! It's listed on the Minox site.

I saw that, and I was really excited but the only hitch is it has a 50mm obj. It isn't a complete deal breaker, but I wished they would have had at least one 40-44mm option. I know they are putting scopes out that Europeans really like, but they are made in the USA. I would have figured they might have taken that into account. Either way, I am sure they will be some super scopes and I still might try a 3-15-50mm on my 264WM. It is a Sporter, so the 50mm might not be too far outta place?

I'm with you on that. I hate big oversized objectives. They induce stock crawling! I like my 44's though they are darn near perfect. I refuse to go any bigger. I like shouldering my rifle and have it right there I don't like to go searching for it, the few 50's I've looked through it just isn't natural to me on a hunting rifle. Maybe with a Monte Carlo stock it may be different, but for a Rem Mtn rifle, Win Supergrade or a staight stock like on the Rugers and FW I like a 40-44.

Unfortunately, the Teutonic peoples (of which I am 25% Bavarian) have an annoying habit of being sure what the world needs without consulting with the rest of us! I was stationed in Germany in the service for a year and worked there as a manufacturing director spending time there each month for a several years while they designed and built equipment for us. However, getting them to change their thinking and accomodate other cultural preferences is often pretty challenging! Other then that, they are great to work with.

I have learned to accomodate 50mm Austrian scope objectives on a couple of high comb rifles, including a Mark V Weatherby Euromark stock, by using medium TPS rings which are a little (.070) higher than standard medium rings but not as high as high Leupold rings. My cheek weld is fine and everything works but only on these particular rifles with generous combs.

Other than that, great score Jake on a really nice scope. I paid $500 for mine.

Back