My Apologies to everyone

I was PM'ed and told I should do something about "attacking" someone in my post.
PLEASE LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR I did not mean to attack anyone on this site. I enjoy that it is a friendly site and want to keep it that way.
My comments were meant to address the PC and "do not offend anyone in anyway" mentality that has taken over this country. NOT SPECIFIC PEOPLE ON THIS SITE or people in general on this site.

It is too bad that I cannot say what I think, know or believe without needing to dumb it down to a point nobody is offended or feeling attacked(when they were not) in any way. If I were to say have a good day I am sure that someone, somewhere will be offended or feel attacked. That is just plain sad.

I am willing to accept things other say even if I do not like, agree or believe what they say WITHOUT complaining, whining, being offended, feeling attacked by them unless it truly a personal attack. Each person as their feeling, thoughts, beliefs that are shaped by their experiences, education, family values, personality traits and such. This is normal. In the old days people could politely discuss their differences and things they agreed about. It allows people with an open mind to grow....IN MY OPINION.

So to sum it up if it will make anyone feel better I will say I am sorry that you did not understand my post for what I MEANT it to be. I do hope you feel better and that this site stays friendly.

I always enjoy when folks actually say what they wish or mean to say. Clarity over agreement. Anyway, it's a better world or forum when different points of view can be heard and are willing to be heard. It used to be that "we" never expected to agree with everyone or heard only what we wanted to hear. How boring the world will become if that ever happens?

c. schutte":31du09q5 said:
I always enjoy when folks actually say what they wish or mean to say. Clarity over agreement. Anyway, it's a better world or forum when different points of view can be heard and are willing to be heard. It used to be that "we" never expected to agree with everyone or heard only what we wanted to hear. How boring the world will become if that ever happens?

I’m with Chuck. Straight forward is getting to be a lost art.

No Apologies needed!
It's OK to have a different opinion - That's what makes for interesting comversation and learning. Now when someone or a group is trying to push their agenda / opinion and won't take "No" for an answer then we have a problem. That's what sets this site apart from the rest of the NET - opinions are being asked for all the time and information is offered. If it's taken, great - if not - also great. Feelings are left out of it. Well - appreciation - is always there. Thanks is offered quite often - as it should - lots of great and sound information here.

Back