My Divorce From Nosler

She's a beauty, hope she's like most and worth the trouble.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Paul B, I too have had shipments bounce around, with a couple deliveries making loops back and forth with delay notices. Like shown as arriving and leaving a processing point only to arrive and leave there again. We're all anxious to find out if the pot really got sweetened. One box of 20 rounds won't do it. EE2

Same here. Sue's M48 Mountain Carbon 30 Nosler went from Bend OR to CA to Chicago. Then back to CA than Chicago and across the pond to Grand Rapids MI.
This of course was out of Nosler's control. We finally got it. We had to wait a couple weeks for the muzzle brake but it arrived via FedEx on a Sunday morning.
End result though is my wife now has her new favorite rifle. Just waiting for some warmer weather to finalize a load but it shoots. My wife is consistently hitting the 250 yard gong.
Paul, I'm sure you are going to be happy with your M48 in 6 Creedmoor.

JD338

Ridgerunner665":268e9r0i said:
As a truck driver that's been dealing with this weather across TX, OK, AR, IL, and IN for about 2 weeks now... all I can say is man we're trying to get stuff delivered, but the hits just keep coming.

Currently finding fuel is a problem.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I feel for you guys down there. Most lower 48 trucks are just not up to the task of winter driving. Little underpowered single screw tractors without lockers.

We drive thru that stuff all the time here in Alaska but we have big heavy trucks, lockers, winter tires, and triple rail chains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thebear_78":1gysmvqs said:
Ridgerunner665":1gysmvqs said:
As a truck driver that's been dealing with this weather across TX, OK, AR, IL, and IN for about 2 weeks now... all I can say is man we're trying to get stuff delivered, but the hits just keep coming.

Currently finding fuel is a problem.

I feel for you guys down there. Most lower 48 trucks are just not up to the task of winter driving. Little underpowered single screw tractors without lockers.

We drive thru that stuff all the time here in Alaska but we have big heavy trucks, lockers, winter tires, and triple rail chains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are light to carry more pay load if you work for one of the big companies but I owned my Pete and it did really well in deep snow and I kept good tires on it but refused to mount chains since the Big Block Cat would have made scrap out of them.

I've got a good bit of time on slick roads... for years I worked mostly in WY, SD, ND, MT, MN, WI.... these trucks have decent power, 515 hp Detroits in them, but we run super single drive tires which aren't much good in snow, especially when you're empty.

I got around in the weather just fine all except 2 weeks ago (8th) in Tulsa...it was 25 degrees and drizzling rain....pure slick wet black ice, everywhere...zero traction in that mess, none...I parked it after I made my delivery.

I plowed through a foot of snow on US 270 from Hot Springs to Intestate 40 then to Little Rock last Wednesday (I think it was Wednesday).... would have kept going but a big wreck had 40 closed.

Its been a rough couple weeks... now I'm in Baytown, TX and its miserable hot, lol....I much prefer cold weather.... below 60 degrees.

We have diff locks too by the way.... the super singles would be useless without it.

I had a chance to shoot today. She's a shooter to be sure. I didn't measure the group, but that's a 3/4 inch dot, so I am guessing 1/2 center to center.

Nice shooting Paul. What bullet/load were you shooting?

JD338

JD338":2y1kyrnz said:
Nice shooting Paul. What bullet/load were you shooting?

JD338

This was the factory 103 ELDX. It's the only load I shot today. I'd love to see Nosler make an AccuBond heavy. As far as I know, nobody is making a bonded premium heavy in 243. The Creed has created a market for one.

Nosler listens to our inputs. What bullet weight and style would you consider to be ideal?

JD338

JD, I guess they'd have to piddle a little bit to find the sweet spot in weight/BC/impact velocity. In fact they may have already done so, and that may be why we don't have a heavy AccuBond. Currently a 90 is the heaviest they make in 243. A 105ish would seem to be ideal. If they offered a 100, I would have gone for it.

Paul I'm happy they got you fixed up. It just seemed that the problem was passed around at first till the right person finally got a hold of what was going on and fixed it or made it right for you. Should it have happened? IMO no but then it can happen in the best of companies.
Good luck with it.

Paul Barnard":3k45nboa said:
JD, I guess they'd have to piddle a little bit to find the sweet spot in weight/BC/impact velocity. In fact they may have already done so, and that may be why we don't have a heavy AccuBond. Currently a 90 is the heaviest they make in 243. A 105ish would seem to be ideal. If they offered a 100, I would have gone for it.
Thank you Paul. I'll see if a heavier 6mm offering could be an option.

JD338

THats more like it! I hope it brings you some enjoyment and is reliable and consistent. CL

I’d like a 105-110’ish AccuBond for my little 6 Creed. It’d be a good deer killer I’d bet from about any reasonable angle.

I'm in the same boat , was told we build guns in batch an not like remington after opening my box wish I bought a remington.....sent in for hard bolt lift like really hard...(wrong cut on bolt) great machine shop...China? an to have the gun refinished, took the day off to receive my gun from ups just to have the bolt fixed but action looking like crap....such a shame, box mag looks a tad getto also, bolt release clip half fasted , not flush ...pretty frustrating

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210510-155420_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210510-155420_Gmail.jpg
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 525
  • 20210511_214126.jpg
    20210511_214126.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 524
  • 20210507_135948.jpg
    20210507_135948.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 524
Back