Need A Scope for new M48

dezmick

Beginner
Mar 5, 2011
I recently picked up a Nosler M48 in Nosler 28 and i need some glass for it, i have around 800.00-1,000.00 to spend and i want something that would be able to get me out there a bit. I was thinking about going with Vortex Viper HT 4-16x44, I think they are a pretty good scope, but i would like some input on what else would be good for the amount of money that i have. Thanks: Mick

I've been very happy with all of the Vortex products I've purchased.

$800 is a pretty decent budget... should be able to pick up something really nice. With careful shopping you could get a Zeiss HD5 and there's nothing at all wrong with a Leupold VX-3 and your budget leaves enough for a good set of rings.

Mick, since I got my Steiner GS3 I have become a huge fan. They are true 5x scopes and built solid as a tank. German glass built in the Burris facility in Greenly CO. both the 3-15x50 and 4-20x50 can be had within your budget. the S1 and S7 reticles are great if you aren't a turret turner. Check them out. As a note BEST price I have seen is on Amazon right now(showing 1 left in stock) for $799. MSRP is $1150. That's where I got mine.

Don't overlook the SWFA line of scopes either. ALOT of value for the money and are about as solid a scope as I've came across.

Back