New CCW gun

375hh1973

Beginner
Mar 31, 2007
Ive been looking for a smaller CCW handgun for sometime now as my everyday carry gun is typically a full size Sig in .357sig. I typically carry IWB and its never been a concern but always wanted a smaller option such as pocket carry.

Every day carry
View attachment Sig P226 357sig.jpg

I was in a gunshop the other day and they had a brand new S&W 442 that was two-tone. Did I mention that I have a weakness for two-toned guns? They shoot better. 8)

New pocket gun
View attachment S&W 442.jpg

Picked up a couple of boxes of Speer Gold Dot 135 gr +P to try out. Does anyone have a favorite carry load for a 442?

Congrats, and that is a favorite carry load, not just of mine, but of quite a few PD's that still issue ammo for .38 revolvers. Nice!

Nice!

I was thinking of the 442 but ended up buying a Ruger LC9.

JD338

:)
375hh1973":2v6b7jdw said:
Ive been looking for a smaller CCW handgun for sometime now as my everyday carry gun is typically a full size Sig in .357sig. I typically carry IWB and its never been a concern but always wanted a smaller option such as pocket carry.

Every day carry
View attachment 1

I was in a gunshop the other day and they had a brand new S&W 442 that was two-tone. Did I mention that I have a weakness for two-toned guns? They shoot better. 8)

New pocket gun

Picked up a couple of boxes of Speer Gold Dot 135 gr +P to try out. Does anyone have a favorite carry load for a 442?

Good choice!!! its also my favorite carry load. :)

Very good choice in ammo.
The "Hillary Hole" S & W? Meh. Not my first choice but your 2 Tone is an eye catcher.

Very nice choice. The +P 38 Spcl loads are nothing to sneeze at. My daughter has come of age for her to have a handgun license and she surprised me when she told me she wants a S&W revolver. She has a lot of experience shooting pistols and not so much with the wheel guns. She liked the 442 and it made her top-3 list.

I was in a similar situation as you and chose the Sig P239 in 357Sig instead as my smaller CCW. Figured that since the Sig DA/SA with decocker was already innate to me, why switch?

I too have a weakness for the two-tones.

P239_357Sig.jpg

P239_357Sig_versaMaxII.jpg

CatskillCrawler":46ha1vd4 said:
Very nice choice. The +P 38 Spcl loads are nothing to sneeze at. My daughter has come of age for her to have a handgun license and she surprised me when she told me she wants a S&W revolver. She has a lot of experience shooting pistols and not so much with the wheel guns. She liked the 442 and it made her top-3 list.

I was in a similar situation as you and chose the Sig P239 in 357Sig instead as my smaller CCW. Figured that since the Sig DA/SA with decocker was already innate to me, why switch?

I too have a weakness for the two-tones.

P239_357Sig.jpg

P239_357Sig_versaMaxII.jpg

Nice Milt Sparks Holster.
I'll have to pick me up a 239 DAK in .357 Sig one of these days.

I have yet to fire a DAK Sig. I promised myself that I would get two revolvers that have been on my list for too long before I get another Sig.

I've been sold on Milt Sparks leather for awhile now. Great imprinting and very solid design.

CatskillCrawler":30wjy347 said:
I have yet to fire a DAK Sig. I promised myself that I would get two revolvers that have been on my list for too long before I get another Sig.

I've been sold on Milt Sparks leather for awhile now. Great imprinting and very solid design.

Me too, sold on Milt Sparks that is. :grin:

Back