Night force to upgrade their scopes ????

Al in SC

Beginner
Sep 28, 2010
I have heard a few comments about Night Force doing a few upgrades to their scopes.
Calling it a new generation of scopes I believe I heard. Any one know anything about this.
Is it true? What changes? When will they come out?

What changes?

I hope a huge amount of weight reduction :evil:

Then I will buy a few..... or more :mrgreen:

Thought i would share follow up to my post. After posting I decided to call the "horse's mouth" and ask. Reply was:

The only change for now, whatever that means, is introducing a 5 x 25 with front focal plane.

i heard rumblings of a larger tube diameter did you happen to catch the tube diameter in the 5-25 ffp. and is it a 5-25 or 5.5-22 ffp for sure? and fotis i will take the j lopez over the runway model scope anyday :)

Bill at Nightforce said, "the only change we have planned for now is introduction of a 5 x 25 front focal plane scope". He did not say about the tube size and I did not ask. He did say 5 x 25 on the power range. Nightforce may be heavy but they are well built and they have adjustment knobs that are second to none ... outstanding adjustment knobs. Wish Swarovski would make major improvements with their knobs.

Are you sure it wasn't on their 5.5-22x? They currently offer FFP on their 3-15x, but not on their 5.5-22x. 5-25 would be a whole knew deal...

I have two NFs and would really welcome more options in their compact line. Their 2.5-10 is nice, but I'd love to have a 3-15 with a 32mm objective.

The 2.5-10x24 with their velocity reticle is the bees knees on an AR.

Quote from Bill at Nightforce: "the only change we have planned for now is introduction of a 5 x 25 front focal plane scope". If this is incorrect he stated it incorrectly as that is what he told me. I too thought it sounded incorrect but those are his words.

i would imagine if he said that, that is what it will be. schmidt/bender run a 5-25 as well as leupold, vortex razor premier and us optics, seems to be a popular power range. I myself have three of the nightforces two 5.5-22 and a 3.5-15. i do however prefer the 3.5-15 on my hunting rigs. i would imagine the new nightforce will be in the $2700 plus range. but we only go around this world once right?

Back