Norma Oryx

Africa Huntress

Handloader
Feb 14, 2012
Well that was easy---not

I have always had a healthy amount of respect for my parents but after helping them with the business for a few months, I have a tremendous amount of respect for them.

Norma shipped the wrong bullets to England. I sent them back and finally got the Oryx bullets. I have not yet been reimbursed by them for the cost of shipping the wrong bullets back, but I will not give up until I do.

By the time I got the right bullets, the trouble in Brussels" caused our normal shipping outlet to discontinue shipping anything connected to firearms. So I had to find a different shipper and that turned out to be twice as expensive as our old one. so I had to contact Dad and get the extra expense authorized, which he did of course.

I sent the paperwork to customs only to find out that I was not authorized to sign the customs" documentation for my parents company. So I ran mom down and she sent a notarized letter to them approving my signature on the forms I submitted.

Finally they head toward the States, but they dont arrive when and where they were suppose to arrive. After the airlines put a trace on the shipment they found them in Chicago instead of Las Vegas.

I was able to get the Rhino and the GSC bullets to a few people and assist in finding and getting some BBC bullets to Scotty, as well as assist in the shipping of the Kodiak bullets to Tom and Scotty, all without a hitch. so maybe it was just my turn in the barrel.

Charlie, you will need to provide Tom with a shipping address as your Oryx bullets are going to him and he will ship them to you

Gerry and Sask Boy, you two gentlemen need to get your shipping address to Scotty as your Oryx bullets are going to him and he will send them on to you.

Everyone else who are receiving the Oryx bullets are receiving them directly from mom's company in the States.

I have enclosed enough funds to Tom and Scotty to pay for the shipping to Chartlie, Sask Boy and Gerry

Scotty, make sure your paperwork to Gerry and Sask Boy say "Bullet Heads Only" and under proposed use " to be hand loaded for hunting"

I have had a telephone conversation with two different agencies in Canada and both have assured me that there will be no problem sending them to Canada, but if there is then Scotty will have a lot of Oryx bullets.

I would anticipate you will have these bullets in your hand within 7 to 10 days, unless something else goes wrong

Best Regards
Jamila

It's post like this that tell me I'm in good company.
I guess that's why I like it here. I'm not so sure I wouldn't have given up given the tribulations you went through.
You have respect for your parents but seeing what you are going through on this matter makes me, if I didn't already, respect you. If we ever get the chance to meet, not that I'm much of an imbiber, the first round is on me. You've more than earned it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thanks for making this happen Jamilla, much appreciated. I hope you will be blessed somehow for being kind to us.

Jamila,

Thank you, you are a very determined young lady and it is not hard to understand why Jerry and Aleena put you in charge of their business, while they are gone.

Please also thank you mother and father and give them my best.

I am looking forward to putting the Oryx bullets to good use on upcoming hunts, thanks again

Jamila, thank you very much for your willing and continued effort to get us these bullets. We are most grateful for your perseverance and all the work you have done to complete this. Amazing how much trouble a simple transaction is in today's politically correct world and it will just get worse in the future.

If there is anything that I can ever do for you Jamila, just let me know and it will be done. Thank you again. I am so sorry that you had so much grief with this favor for us. We so appreciate your efforts. Have a Merry Christmas.
Thank you again and Best Regards,
Charlie

Thank you you very much Jamila! Holy smokes you kicked butt on that ordeal. Awesome stuff. Please your mom and dad thank and as others have said, the first drinks on me, anywhere, anytime. Thank you. Scotty

Thank you for all the work you did Jamila. I know that your parents have left their affairs in very capable hands.
PS. Jamila please thank your parents for going above and beyond regarding these bullets!!
I will get ahold of Scotty and give him my mailing address here in Saskatchewan.Please let me know what the costs are going to be and I will get a US money order to who ever needs to be paid.

Blessings,
Dan

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the kind words, they are appreciated.

Dan, my parents never do these things with the intent on being reimbursed, so you owe nobody, nothing sir. We will include enough funds to Scotty and Tom, so that they will not have any out of pocket expenses when forwarding these bullets to you and the other two gentlemen.

Perhaps Scotty and Tom, who have known my parents for a few years, can assure you that this is not an unusual thing for them to do.

They spend an ungodly amount of time and money getting water, food and medicine to children who are orphaned by the never ending and senseless conflict's in Africa

The only people they might charge for their services would be Dr Mike and Cheyenne. ( and those two know I am just joking with them )

Best Regards

Jamila

p.s. Scotty and Vince. If we are ever in the same time zone I will take you up on your offer. I am a simple girl, a glass of Scotch--neat--would work for me

That's awesome Jamila. Thank you for helping out the fellas.

JD338

Africa Huntress":14xh537a said:
The only people they might charge for their services would be Dr Mike and Cheyenne. ( and those two know I am just joking with them )

Best Regards

Jamila

And it would be a pleasure to pay, Jamila. :grin: I can't speak for Cheyenne, however. :wink:

I don't want this thread to end!! :) You all are just the best, I'm so glad to be part of this forum. :) :)

Jamila,

Thank you very much for all you've gone through! I'll be sure to get the bullets on to Charlie ASAP.

I sure hope that there is no trouble getting those bullets up to me here in Saskatchewan. I am looking forward to playing with them in the new Model 70 270wsm. I really believe they will be a great Elk and Moose stopper :wink:.
The people on this forum are top shelf in every respect. I hope one day to meet a few more of you in person.

Blessings,
Dan

Wow, Dr Mike, you are far more magnanimous than I am. I am still upset that they sent all those bullets to the Yankees and stiffed us in Canada. Wait, Gerry and Sask boy are Canadians--never mind.

The generosity of that family continues to amaze me. I was gifted a 300 H & H rifle by Aleena and her family and when I asked what I could do to repay them, they said just play it forward. Somebody, someday in your world will need help---help them, and if you do, you will have re paid us.

I swear to God, if it was possible I would wave a magic wane and make Dr Mike's knee problem disappear. I would also like to use my magic wane and make all of Charles' health problems disappear. Same for Charlie. Three fine gentlemen who have been very nice and supportive of myself and my family.

Unfortunately all I can do is pray for them, and I do.

yukon huntress":1m8sf63e said:
Unfortunately all I can do is pray for them, and I do.

And that is far more valuable than most of us could ever realise. I appreciate the friendships enjoyed in life; the kind wishes and prayers of good people are a rich treasure.

sask boy":3v26l82g said:
I sure hope that there is no trouble getting those bullets up to me here in Saskatchewan. I am looking forward to playing with them in the new Model 70 270wsm. I really believe they will be a great Elk and Moose stopper :wink:.
The people on this forum are top shelf in every respect. I hope one day to meet a few more of you in person.

Blessings,
Dan

That 150 Oryx is an already proven moose smasher. I think Lou blasted three moose with his 270WSM and 150 Oryx's.. Thinking they will work pretty darned well. They look nasty coming outta the jugs, that's for certain.

SJB358":1tk2mxrd said:
sask boy":1tk2mxrd said:

Blessings,
Dan

That 150 Oryx is an already proven moose smasher. I think Lou blasted three moose with his 270WSM and 150 Oryx's.. Thinking they will work pretty darned well. They look nasty coming outta the jugs, that's for certain.

Hi Scotty, thanks, yes I did pal :grin: ..1 shot each :) ..AWSOME bullet!..I hope you guys get to try them on game, they drop animals like they were hit by lightning!..I shoot the 150's in my 7mm rem mag, well try them on moose next fall (y) ..Lou

Back