Nosler Seconds?

steve4102

Handloader
Sep 30, 2004
What happened to all the seconds? It's been several months since the Pro Shop listed anything in just about every caliber. With the way everyone is stocking up and buying everything and anything you would think that Nosler is working overtime just to keep up with demand. You would also think that this high production would produce a few K of Nosler Seconds.

Nosler is doing an expansion to the Shooters Pro Shop, took out an conference room. Once this is finished up, they are going to start bagging up the seconds and have them available for sale.

JD338

The way people are panic buying because of the coming of The Messiah, I doubt they could keep anything in stock!

BK":365nt92g said:
The way people are panic buying because of the coming of The Messiah, I doubt they could keep anything in stock!

BK

Nosler has factory seconds. Once the expansion/construction project is completed, they will start getting them on the shelves. Should be around the end of Jan 2009.

JD338

in my opinion NONE! I ordered a pack of 7mm AB seconds that were supposed to have a red tip because they were a bunch of over runs from a batch that Nosler made for Federal, when they arrived, they were the normal (I guess) white tip Accubonds. also I can find nothing wrong with the .30 cal partitions and BT's or the .243 BT's I have purchased. They look as good as new! they are to me the most un blemished "Blems" I have ever seen! :grin:

joesph_65

JDMAG is spot on! Cosmetic blemishes or irregular tips is what they call seconds. I have bought thousands of seconds and I can only remember a few (5-10) that had some tarnish marks. I used some brass cleaner on them are they cleaned right up.
Accuracy and on game performance are 100% what you have come to expect from Nosler. It's all I shoot, unless I run out, then I go buy a box from my local dealer. I hunt with total confidence in the seconds and all my load development is with seconds. In fact, my personal best group of .092" was shot with factory seconds. Give them a try, you will save a lot of money, or you might spend more but you will be shooting 2-3x more than if you were buying retail.

JD338

Anybody actually been in the Pro Shop? I have, and let me tell you, it's a happy place!

Glad they will have some more in I need a few varieties,,,,, also cannot find any 308 and 30-06 winchester brass anywhere!

Nosler4":3angv6qm said:
Anybody actually been in the Pro Shop? I have, and let me tell you, it's a happy place!

Thanks BK! :grin:

You are welcome!

I try to hit the Pro Shop every time I am in or going through Bend, which is fairly often, though not as often as I like. Only made it over once to go duck hunting this year. I actualy dropped off a resume at a Civil Engineering/Surveying company just up the road from the factory. In hindsite, probably a good thing they were not hiring... a cannot imagine the damage to my checking account if I worked that close to Nosler!

Imagine working here! It's really a wonder I take any money home on at the end of the day... :lol:

Is there a new web address for the New Shooters Pro Shop? I read on their site that they would be closed from Jan 21 through Jan 23. They would then be coming out with a "New Face".

I am still book marked to "Shootersproshop.com" and nothing has changed. As a matter of fact it is just plain old dead. No change in inventory, Web Home page, nothing. It seems as if the site has been completely abandoned.

If there is a new site can someone please post it here?

Back