Noslerreloading Edition Nosler rifle?

ajvigs

Handloader
Nov 1, 2012
With the love for the 35 Whelen on here, if Nosler were to build a Whelen per the specs thrown together by us on the board, would you spring for it?

Too late. The Model 48 about meets any criterion that might be advanced.

Weatherby Nation tried this a couple of years ago.
There were a lot of opinions as to what "the" rifle should be, and there looked to be a lot of demand.

They sold 13 of them despite having a LOT more members than we do here, because very few ended up with "the" rifle they wanted. Those that purchased them loved them.

So, I would not recommend it unless Nosler was open to a very low numbered edition with open choice of caliber.

DrMike":39j3rmk3 said:

You mean they now make an M48 with 3-pos safety and mauser-style extractor?

:shock:

:grin:

tddeangelo":8a96d73u said:
DrMike":8a96d73u said:

You mean they now make an M48 with 3-pos safety and mauser-style extractor?

:shock:

:grin:

No! They make a perfect rifle :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: For all of you sensitive types, this is HUMOR! :mrgreen:

I'd like to have a Legacy I believe. I could handle one like Joes 300 Win Mag. I'd really like to see an H&H though. I have always thought that would be a very fitting chambering for Nosler. I love my Winchesters, but a beautiful Legacy would be a treasured rifle too.

SJB358":1s5h4rqv said:
I'd like to have a Legacy I believe. I could handle one like Joes 300 Win Mag. I'd really like to see an H&H though. I have always thought that would be a very fitting chambering for Nosler. I love my Winchesters, but a beautiful Legacy would be a treasured rifle too.

+ ONE I really would like to see a 300 H&H

That would be neat! But I ssupect others are right, unless it came in at a price point around a Savage Axis or Marlin XL7 I couldnt afford it. A little virtual planninig might be fun though. With that said, you have to admit, we live in the golden age of good rifles. I'd go for a Sarrengetti Laminate stock with an action of Nosler parentage in 250 AI. There's a rloading opportunity for ya. CL (C'mon what did you expect.... :) )

Back