Opening day for cherries!

owenv

Beginner
Jun 24, 2007
Orchards galore with in walking distance from my house. Peaches, apricots and now cherries are ripe and ready to harvest.

The wife and dog on the way

1cherripicken003.jpg

Farmers barn

1cherripicken004.jpg

1cherripicken010.jpg

1cherripicken012.jpg

1cherripicken013.jpg

1cherripicken016.jpg

Oh man do those look yummy :p When I was a kid my grandmother in Vancouver had a cherry tree in her backyard. I climbed it one day & was damn near sick & covered in cherry juice before my mother finally put an end to it :roll: One of those deals you never forget. Enjoy your harvest. I'm jealous :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice!

Traverse City, MI is know for their cherries. The big festable is comming up in a few weeks.

JD338

As does the Ludington area, where I grew up. But TC has the cherry festival.

JD, in highschool I worked summers in the local cherry orchards. No hand picking the sour cherries...all done by machinery. Ah, the "good old days". And the money was good $3.50 hr. :lol:

Long

That is one thing I miss about California. Since moving up here to Vancouver, Wa, I have yet to find a cherry as good as CJ Olson's cherries in Sunnyvale. They have the best cherries I have ever had in my life. Oh I wish I could get some good cherries again.

Funny you should say that. I have found out I can order them and they ship over night. WooHoo. I see a shipment being ordered very soon.

Back