Ramshot Powders

AggieDog

Beginner
Nov 7, 2004
In Nosler's next reloading manual, I would like to see you include the Ramshot powder line in it.

Specifically, Ramshot powders are not very temp sensitive, and I believe you will see more and more people taking a hard look at Ramshot Magnum, and others. The way Magnum (BigBoy) meters, I am going to find ways it works in several of my rifles. What a pleasure it is to work with compared to some of the others. It's a speriacal powder, and after working with a load today, it is going to get alot of looking at by me.

In Nosler's next reloading manual, I would like to see you include the Ramshot powder line in it.

That's a great idea, I use Ramshot Hunter in my 300WSM and 30/06 and Ramshot BigGame in my 7MM/08. Ramshot is my powder of choice in 3 out of 4 of my rifles. If Ramshot had load data for the 7.62X39 it would probably be 4 out of 4. Great idea thanks

I have heard, not experienced, that the Ramshot powders tend to be dirtier, or leave more residue, in the barrel. Have either one of you seen this in your use of it?

Long

Quite the Contrary, Ramshot powders burn very clean, and are noted for that. Also, most are sperical powders which means they are so much easier to meter, and work with than the extruded versions. But, most important, they are noted as not being very temperature sensitive.

Were I a betting man, you will see alot of shooters switching to the Ramshot lineup where appropriate. I sure am impressed with Ramshot Magnum (Bigboy).

Back