Remington Lawyers Strike Again

Richracer1

Handloader
May 12, 2005
Well, I got some bad news from my 'smith. He isn't able to adjust the trigger on my new 338RUM XCR. Aparently (as some of you have found as well), the new X-Mark trigger has the sear engagment set screw pinned or locked some how. I told him about drilling it out and so on, but we both decided it was for the best to get a new trigger assembly. Therefore, he will order a Rifle Basics trigger, install it, and adjust it for me.

Damn engineers (or lawyers) costing me more money!!!!!!!! :shock:

Richracer1

Its the liability lawyers, the engineers have their hands tied to meet the liability issues and concerns.

You will be happy with the Rifle Basics trigger, its a good one.

JD338

Richracer1,

:evil: yep, join the club. I have a new VTR I've tried everything on except the 3ft long pry-bar & 5lb sledge out in the garage to get that screw loose. Finall gave up on it and started a new trigger fund.

I remember the last incarnation of the rem 700 had epoxy over the some of the screws, that was easy to pop off. I wonder what they are using to lock those screws, red loc-tite???

OK, I gave some slack to the Remmy Engineers. Topic Subject has been changed to point my finger at the (IMO) guilty party. :x

Richracer1":19mzzq2g said:
OK, I gave some slack to the Remmy Engineers. Topic Subject has been changed to point my finger at the (IMO) guilty party. :x

Nicely done bud. :wink:

JD338

Took me 5 minutes to do my sendero....2 lbs............ :twisted:

Richracer 1

I know the feeling. I can adjust about 2/3s of the factory triggers and I buy Triggerbasix or Timney for the rest. It's a hundred bucks or so a pop but I've never been dissapointed with the aftermarket triggers. I have been ??@@#$% dissapointed with the factory triggers I couldn't adjust.

Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

I finally got my rifle back. Holy S***, the Rifle BAsics trigger is awesome. My Smith set it to just over 2.5lbs and it breaks like glass.

Now I just have to wait till I come back from ID to sight in the scope, a cheapo so I can fire at least 30-40 rounds through then start load developement. I'll get a better scope latter, still thinking about a Leupold with custom ballistic reticle designed for the load I develope.

I'm misunderstanding something... the XCR is adjustable - at least the pull weight. The literature says its a one screw adjustment (and stipulates the other two don't require adjustment). As mentioned above, took me 30 minutes to (carefully) get the sealer off, but only five to adjust the piull to a shade over 2 lbs. Its crisp and clean... I'm happy with it.

What is the price of a Rifle Basix trigger for the 700 XCR?? Also, if anybody knows how much does the one for a savage cost??
Just wondering, I've had a 338 RUM 700 XCR on order since March. If it doesn't get here before the new year, I may just buy a 700 SPS and another Pac-Nor barrel. Most likely chambered in 338-300RUM(338 Edge) because it's such a cost effective Wildcat. Readjust 338 RUM dies and there you go. Now it's a 338 Edge die. Might have to get a spacer welded onto the shell holder to keep things uniform.
CC.

Richracer1":2d243rd5 said:
I finally got my rifle back. Holy S***, the Rifle BAsics trigger is awesome. My Smith set it to just over 2.5lbs and it breaks like glass.

Now I just have to wait till I come back from ID to sight in the scope, a cheapo so I can fire at least 30-40 rounds through then start load developement. I'll get a better scope latter, still thinking about a Leupold with custom ballistic reticle designed for the load I develope.

Congratulations on your 338 RUM.
Give us a range report.

As for load development, start with Retumbo when you start laoding the 250 gr AB's. :wink:

JD338

I took it out today to sight in the scope with 200AB and Nosler's min load of H4831SC. If the 50yd group size is any indication, I may sight it in at 100 and take it as is with the 200ABs to ID with me.
Oh and the rifle gave me a little scope to brow kiss as a reminder to watch the eye relief.

I alread have my Retumbo development loads made, just not enough time to shoot them before I leave for ID on Thursday.

Richracer1,

Yes, the 338 RUM does give ya a little love tap. Just wait until you get those 250 gr bullets moving at 3000 fps, its exzilerating. :grin:

Good luck in ID, hope you can break in that new 338 RUM. :grin:

JD338

Dont feel like the lone ranger fella's. A new wheelchair is gonna cost me $5000.00. 40% of the cost of that is insurance so if I wipe out and crack my head, they can pay the lawyers to keep me from filing suit. CL

jtoews80":q2w28i40 said:
What is the price of a Rifle Basix trigger for the 700 XCR?? Also, if anybody knows how much does the one for a savage cost??
Just wondering, I've had a 338 RUM 700 XCR on order since March. If it doesn't get here before the new year, I may just buy a 700 SPS and another Pac-Nor barrel. Most likely chambered in 338-300RUM(338 Edge) because it's such a cost effective Wildcat. Readjust 338 RUM dies and there you go. Now it's a 338 Edge die. Might have to get a spacer welded onto the shell holder to keep things uniform.
CC.

My Smith ordered it from Brownells'. He charged me 125 for it.

Posit":2d44103e said:
I'm misunderstanding something... the XCR is adjustable - at least the pull weight. The literature says its a one screw adjustment (and stipulates the other two don't require adjustment). As mentioned above, took me 30 minutes to (carefully) get the sealer off, but only five to adjust the piull to a shade over 2 lbs. Its crisp and clean... I'm happy with it.

Your trigger may not be the new X-mark (or whatever Remmy is calling it) and yes the older triggers easy to adjust. I guess Remington is locking the adjustment screw somehow on the X-mark trigger.

Back