Rifles that you once had...

Handloader
May 30, 2009
This is a thread about the guns you sold or let go for some reason ,and wish you had back.

My first rifle was a M700 BDL 30-06. I put over 5000 rounds through it and had it re barreled. Put about 50 rounds through it and shot 2 bucks with it that fall.
Then came the 35 Whelen and the 30-06 became a safe queen. I sold it and now I regret it.

JD338

If I could just have one rifle back, it would be an 86 winchester in .45/90.
It was a special order gun with a shotgun butt, round barrel,half mag.Perfect bore, all the case color and blue.What on Gods earth ever possesed me to sell that one I will never know.I will regret it till my dying day.

A Voere 270 win with double set triggers. Shot EVERYTHING 1/4- 1/2MOA. I turned it into a 270 Bee and then sold it. Oil finished Euro stock.

I sold it ..................WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I traded off a Eurobolt 7 Rem Mag so I could buy a 300 WSM. I should have kept the Eurobolt. It was far more accurate than it had to be, and it was such a handsome rifle to boot.

i had a browning abolt hunter with a boss in 280 rem. i wish i could find her again. she was awesome, loved 120 bt

I had an all original 30-40 Krag and shot my first deer with it. Sold it to help buy a "real deer rifle"(which I still own) when I was in high school. Wish I had it back. Also sold a ruger 22RF auto MKI pistol and a Ruger 44mag SBH that would be nice to have back.

The German .300 weatherby and the 12 guage Browning Superposed Ultralight (especially the Superposed) really gnaw at me. I bought the Superposed for (are you ready for this) $295.00 and sold for 450.00. I thought I was getting a real deal.

Can't part with any of my rifles they mean to much to me.

Grand Parents handed down to me, a win 30 40 krag, m92 win 218 bee, m94 win 32 special, pre 64 m70 30 06 and a m12 rem pump 22.

Fathers 30 carbine he used in ww2 on Iwo Jima, some kind of jap rifle and sword, custom k98 30 06, pre 64 win m88 358, a pre 64 m70 375 H&H and a rem gamemaster 30 06 this was his favorite hunting rifle.

Then there are the many I have bought. I am am addicted to guns.

Some of my Departures.-
A Custom Remy700 7mmSTW, a .270 and .3006 from Remington Custom Shop, a engraved .300bee, and the one I shouldnt have ever sell my
Remington Custom KS .300Weatherby.
and the list is long,just remembrances of the past....
I want to cry!!! :lol: :lol:

When I was a freshmen in high school I had a Win M70 stainless classic, it was the first rifle I had bought mith my own hard earned money. I was learning to reload, so the thing never shot good. It kicked harder than a mule, and I thought if I'm going to shoot a gun that kicks alot I'm getting a bigger one. I SOLD IT AND A WIN M 70 STW FOR $350 A EACH :oops:
I sure wish I had the 270 back. It really was a good gun and if I would have given it time and some work I know I could of got her to shoot and be a great rifle.

I don't regret it to much though because I sold them to buy my Win M70 stainless 338 WM. That gun will never leave me.

The only one I really regret selling was a .25-06 Ruger Number One Varminter that I cut loose along with several other good rifles and handguns a few years ago when times were tight, bills needed to be paid and the family car had quit...

I dumped quite a few guns for cash at that time and took care of things with my family finances. Frankly, I liked having the family car running safely and reliably. So it was likely the best decision at the time, but dang... That Ruger could shoot!

There was another 7mm Rem mag Remington 700 that went too - and it was a mighty fine all-around hunting rifle... But nothing special.

A Winchester Black Shadow (I beleive that was it) detacable mags, in .270. Traded for a longer barreled.270 that I thought I had to have. I never did kill anything with that second .270.

Corey

A Weatherby MV stainless syn in 06 and a Rem CDL in 7m-08. Also a TC Contender pistol in 7-30 waters.

Long

A High Standard "sport king" .22. Semi auto, walnut stock, almost perfect. Scary accurate. Sold it to make a payment on the wifes engagement ring @ 27 years ago. :grin: CL

Most of my old Winchesters and Colts are gone now.Damn what I once had.
I had a .38/40 Colt Bisley that would shoot one ragged hole at twenty five yards.One I really wish I had back was a Colt Army Special in .32/20, real pearl grips.Perhaps the most accurate handgun I have ever owned.
Oh well , at least I got the chance to experience them.I was just stupid and young enough to let them slip through my fingers.Back then I had nerves of steel and eyesight like a straight razor.It was a Zen type of focus.
The guns were super.I appreciate the Good Lord letting me have them, if only for a season.

Back