shooters pro shop shipping??!!!

RMiller

Beginner
Sep 29, 2004
Looked at some factory seconds on the sight. Nice prices on the bullets but to only ship UPS ground. Those guys are in the dark ages.

Usps flat rate is the Only way to go.

UPS ground was $23 shipping to Alaska for one box of bullets. :evil: :evil:

Bulk rate box would cost lest than 8 buck for several boxes.

Yes I live in Alaska but anyone that thinks that shipping to here is more that a couple of dollars more is ignorant. Or only uses ups ground.

Sorry had to vent.

hey guys i totally agree with rmiller,,,,i live in sw pa. and have a p.o.b.#,,,upsground dosent't like p.o.#'s because usps is their main competitor,,,so i have to get it sent to my brother who lives 40 miles away round trip which costs me more to pick them up,,,,,,don't get me wrong,,,nosler makes the FINEST bullets on earth,,,surpassing speer,sierra and hornady,and if nosler can save us a few bucks here and there by switching to usps or by giveing us an option i would surely purchase more items from nosler.JUST A THOUGHT FROM A GUY WHO DOSEN'T MAKE ALOT OF MONEY,,,BUT RELOADS THE BEST SHELLS ON EARTH,,,JOE

RMiller":3croi0qk said:

Why would you purchase "one" box of bullets from anyone and pay shipping??

When I purchase bullets from Nosler I order enough to cover the cost of shipping. Which by the way, is the cheapest shipping I have seen anywhere. Nosler charges a flat fee based on zip code. For me that ridiculously cheap fee is $10.19 for as many bags of bullets that I can afford to purchase. If I order my usual 15 to 20 bags Shipping costs less than .70 a bag.

Buy more, Save Big!!

Steve has the right idea. I ordered 8 bags last week and paid the same $10+ change shipping as I would have with 1 bag. Buy in bulk and save even more.
It would be nice though if Nosler offered the approximate change points in shipping rates. Say for 0-10 lbs shipping is X $ and from 10 - 20 lbs XX $. If you know the max wgt for your cost you can figure how many you can buy at the same shipping charge. I also buy cast pistol bullets and the shipper the caster uses charges the same amount for a certain weight range. I believe I bought 2250 pc of 200 gr cast and had the same shipping charge as I would have had for 50 pc. He will offer the max number you can buy with the same shipping if asked.

hi steve,,,imagine how much more money you would save if shipped usps flat rate,,,LISTEN steve,,,,i do not buy 15 or 20 bags of bullets and if you can afford that,,,more power to ya,,,however i do reload for 8 different calibers,,,,i only use nosler brand and apparently you don't have a p.o. #,,,,if nosler shipped usps flat rate you'd save more and still get it delivered to your door.joe

I would purchase one box because that bullet is not available around here. The 11.00 price plus a normal shipping rate of $8 or so would be fine.

I usually buy my bullets locally or I order them from wholesale hunter where the max shipping charge for any number of bullets is $13.

I was looking at 55 grain 6MM. One box of factory firsts is 20.00 w/8 shipping.

shooters pro shop is 11.95 with 23.98 shipping.

How many boxes does it take to make it worthwhile to buy seconds?

Takes three boxes. Not too bad but I don't need three boxes.

steve4102":2qrgs374 said:
RMiller":2qrgs374 said:

When I purchase bullets from Nosler I order enough to cover the cost of shipping. Which by the way, is the cheapest shipping I have seen anywhere. Nosler charges a flat fee based on zip code. For me that ridiculously cheap fee is $10.19 for as many bags of bullets that I can afford to purchase. If I order my usual 15 to 20 bags Shipping costs less than .70 a bag.

Buy more, Save Big!!

Steve is right. I bought 20 boxes of 2nds this spring. Total shipping was $8 more for 20 boxes than it would have been for 1 box.

This is true for any "mail order" items. I usually try to "tough it out" until I have several items to buy--thereby saving a bunch of shipping. Shipping will eat you up otherwise.

But as far as shipping only UPS ground, yeah, Shooters Pro Shop needs to expand our alternatives.

Casey

I also will not/can not order anything from them. UPS ground to an island in AK is a pain in the azz, not to mention I only have a PO Box.

Lots of use live "outside" of towns and only get stuff via PO Box. Many stateside idiots have NO concept of what life is like here, it ain't Kansas.......

Just received a email from Nosler saying they ship USPS Priority Mail to Alaska.

The Shooter's Pro Shop ships to Alaska and Hawaii using USPS and all other shipments are are shipped UPS. The reason for the UPS shipping is the ease of tracking orders and the fact that USPS does not allow ammunition or chemicals to be shipped.

RMiller:

It's outrageous if you live in the Greatland.

I think they're losing more money on sales, than they make up by ripping us off on freight charges.

Midway has lost business from me because of they're extra charges on small orders.

If they won't ship US Mail, they don't get my business. That's the first thing I ask.

Smitty of the North

JUST LIKE CLEARWATER SAID,,,THIS IS NOT FOR LIVE AMMO,,,GUNS,,,OR POWDER,,,NOSLER SHOULD RECOGNIZE THAT PROJECTILES ARE THERE MAIN SOURCE OF INCOME,,,,I,,,SURE AS H---- WOULDN'T PAY $50.00 FOR A 20 ROUND CLIP OF LIVE AMMO WHEN I CAN DO IT MYSELF FOR UNDER $15.00,,,,I,,,SURE AS H---- WOULDN'T BUY A $3.000 DOLLAR GUN WHEN A REMINGTON WILL DO ME FINE. WHAT AM I DOING HERE,,,,,NOSLER MAKES THE FINEST BULLETS,,,,,DON'T KNOW IF THEIR GUNS ARE ANY GOOD,,,DON'T KNOW IF THEIR BRASS IS ANY GOOD,,,,,DON'T KNOW IF THEIR AMMO IS ANY GOOD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HOWEVER I AM HERE FOR THEIR BULLETS,,,,,AND I WOULD LIKE NOSLER TO RECOGNIZE THE PEOPLE PERTAINING TO THEIR MAIN INCOME,,,,,,BULLETS. JOE

clearwater":3fyavp49 said:
Just the projectile isn't ammunition.

That is obvious, but the Pro Shop and Nosler sell more than just bullets. We are constantly working on the best way to ship orders quickly and efficiantly. The logistics of processing orders and shipping them stretches beyond just the cost.

If a company says it ships UPS only, I will look for another company that has other ways of shipping.

Well I guess life is full of choices. When the shipping rates went way up I looked at quality and price of what I want to shoot. I like to buy the 2nds as they work well for me. So I wait and buy 5-6 packs at a time, which do not have to be all the same bullet etc..., or go with a buddy to put our order together and split the shipping. I don't save as much as I used to but it is still worth it for me.

I know some guys won't blink at spending thousands of dollars on guns, or hunts or whatever yet will cry the blues about shipping costs. I also understand that for others there is not a lot of extra cash laying around and higher shipping cost hurt. I know that for the company I work for shipping costs is going up all the time and they are looking at using different shipping methods/companies to save money.

So we decide what we are willing to pay for what we want and make the hard choices . . . thats life. And maybe the "idiots" are those who think their circumstances, as far as where they live, intitle them to special accomendations.

Long

steve4102":3awfywsr said:
[

Buy more, Save Big!!

Precisely.

Whether I buy 1 bag or 20 bags of Nosler 2nds, the shipping cost changes maybe a dollar or few.

This is true for anything we order--from Cabela's, Midway, Brownells, etc.

I have an ongoing "wish list' at a number of websites, and I save up my pennies and order when I have a number of items I want, or when some of those items are on sale. That way the shipping cost is almost the same as 1 item, and I save a bundle.

Otherwise, if one is going to order 1 item at a time, it's just as cheap to go to town and buy retail..........

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see shipping costs make another significant price jump in the near future.............

Casey

Fellow loaders are under the assumption that Nosler is getting rich off shipping charges or that they are unable to ship any other way but UPS. Running a business and expecting to make a decent profit in order to stay in business requires certain decisions to be made. I don't like the shipping and handling charges any more than the rest of you but acccept it as necessary.
If any of you will tell everyone how to pay salaries to those packing your bullets, pay someone to check the best way to ship each package and then get the package to the shipper without incurring any expense, I am sure Nosler and others want to know.
Most of you have no concept how overhead will eat all your profits. I run a small business and have to make a profit to keep it all going. If you can't afford but one box or don't want to pay shipping/handling buy locally. Nearest decent sporting goods store to me is a one hour one way drive. Cost of gas and my time usually mean I will order. I call my local loading buddies, ask if they need anything, split shipping two or more ways. I for one am glad to be able to order what I want and not have to drive to the closest store, no MOM and POP sporting good stores around here. The larger sporting goods stores will not order one box of bullets from the Pro-Shop without adding on their profit and the shipping charges. So lets get real about the situation.Rick.

Back