spring bear mount almost ready

LD375

Handloader
May 18, 2009
Hi fellas, my spring black bear mount is almost ready :grin: ..we took the hide out of the final tanning solution 4 days ago, my form is in and should be all finished next week sometime, we're going to also add some habitat to the mount as well, I'll post some pics when it's all complete, here's a pic of the form I picked and the mount I had done last fall, they'll both be in the same room on the opposite wall.
Lou :)

I had the bear all made into mild Italian smokies mixed with some pork, in total I got 96 pounds of amazing bear smokies, 67 packs at 4 per pack, thanks for looking,
Lou (y)

The smokies sound fabulous, Lou. The mount should be quite nice. Looking good; some fine memories, no doubt.

Got the cape on the manakin on Friday, should be all done this week with habitate and artificial rocks etc, should be all good, here's some pics freshly after mounting the cape, note that the string on the nose is for a snarl, and the cloth in the mouth is to keep the gum work damp and workable.
well look nice in a few more days,
Lou :grin:

as a side note, this bear must of got caught in a trap or snare when he was younger, he was missing 4 out of 5 bear claws and was stubby on the fingers, here's a pic of the claw transplant that we did, pretty simple to do.
Lou

Very nice Lou and those smokies sound like they are excellent as well.
Thank you for the photos!

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks guys, the next pics will be when it's all done, should be all done this Saturday, if not before,
Lou :)

Back