This Nosler Forum Is Costing Me Money

bullet":lije98jh said:
Well if the truth be known I will not stop eating at the trough of Nosler sales and reloading supplies. My wife comes into my reloading room every once in a while. When she came in the last time which was when my package came from Midway (she was taking inventory as she pretended to visit me).

She ask, "What are all those pretty black and gold boxes stacked up all together?" She only said that when she saw me pull out the box of E-tips from my newly arrived package from Midway (she knows about Midway shooting supplies after all these years).

It was her way of implying that I had enough black and gold boxes. I pretended that I did not hear her so as not to get into some explanation why I have so many black and gold boxes. Anyway as you guys know she would not appreciate my explanation about the need for so many black and gold boxes. :):):)

You guys need to put a lock on your reloading room door!

Antelope_Sniper":3th80u16 said:
I don't have very many of the boxes.....just lots of little plastic bags :wink:

I just took inventory of my black/gold boxes and little baggies. :shock:
With all of the rifle/handgun calibers I have, I have acquired almost 5500 Nosler bullets (not boxes or baggies, but bullets), with more on the way. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yep: It,s bad. I,m down to eleven black and gold boxes and some of those ain,t got much in them. Good thing I,m snowed in right now and laying low. This way I don,t got to break it to the wife how desperate I am until XMAS is over. I feel an AccuBond year coming soon. Yeee Ha Ya all. It,s not my fault I need/want accubonds. You guys keep saying how good they are so there goes more money. :grin:

I hear you. These people are a bad influence. I've bought a Nosler safe and about $350 worth of the 300 SAUM 180 AccuBond ammo. The wife is not a fan of Nosler. She keeps checking the CPU history and it shows the Nosler custom rifle page over and over. I'm still pondering buying one of those, except I'd never take it to the field because I'm murder on rifles (scratches, dents, etc.). I'd be more worried about the rifle than finding a deer!

Well Rob; Since your hard on yours guns you need a new nosler -48 with a synthetic stock and some custom ammo. The 48 I saw at the range last fall had an eye popping good looking wood stock. Its a tough choice between the two. The same gun was shooting 180 accubonds real tight at 100 yards. Hope your wife senses how badley you need more nosler stuff. Good luck

I am with you guys lately. I have bought a thousand 243 bullets, 500 7mm Abonds, 250 338 ABonds, and 500 270 BT's, all seconds. It is too hard to pass up. The price is excellent and they have all shot excellent so far for me. I am really looking forward to getting them all in cases and getting to the range. Scotty

Sure wish there was a change in US policy that would allow us in Canada to buy on Bivwak. As it is, things are somewhat more pricey here. So, if you think buying components is breaking you there, think of what your Canadian brothers are forced to spend.

I feel for you Mike, but then I think about the price us Americans pay to hunt Canada and I feel a little better! Just kidding, we should make BC our 51st State, that would fix alot of our problems.. Scotty

Now, there's a plan. Actually, it is bruited about from time-to-time by rednecks in the north. The more likely scenario for British Columbians and Albertans is to secede, forming a new nation. It is not likely, however, that ammunition costs or the cost of components would change dramatically even then.

I am all for it. BC and Alberta would make a fine addition to the US. It would help us link up Alaska. Scotty

Okay guys about this Bivwack site. I have tried to avoid it but I'm having a heck of a time finding the Nosler bullets I am looking for, but I'm afraid to go here because once I do, I'm not sure if I'll be able to stop! :oops: We all know about this RADD condition that each of us has in a BIG way!

I'm taking the plunge and right after I get off here, I'm going to take just a little peak! Wish me luck. :mrgreen:

Bivwak used to be a great site. I stocked up on alot of bullets through them, when they sold 2nds. I am not sure if they still sell them or not though. Used to be able to bid on 2nds, kinda like Ebay. The last time I went there, it was only 1st's. Scotty

Thanks Scotty. Where would you suggest I search then Midway or where? Have any of you been able to find any 90 gr. Accubonds to load yet? Those things are scarce as albino deer!

Man, I have not seen them either. I have looked on Midway, Midsouth and a few others and haven't even seen them listed yet. Not sure they are making them as of yet. I will keep my eyes out for them though. Scotty

Back