Time to say goodbye

I'm so sorry for everyone here who has lost dogs recently, my grandparents lost theirs not long ago too. My grandpa said it was about the saddest thing he had done to bury his little friend. I lost my oldest cat some years ago, had to have her put down because she couldn't breath properly. I was there with her at the end, she deserved my presence. It taught me a bit about grief, and I hope it will help me trust God with his plan when I lose somebody even greater to me. I learned to feel the pain, not to fight it, then to have peace with what I know is really just temporary and will one day be eternal.

Prayers to all that have lost their best friends.

This is hard for me to read as we have lost 2 of our best dogs ever in the last couple years. My daughters Border Collie/McNabb which she trained in 4-H and lived to 15 years old and mine that went everywhere with me for 13 years.

Do yourself a huge favor and get it over....... Been through this toooo many times. Only regret is not doing sooner and watching them suffering terrible because I wasn't man enough to let them outta here the easy way.
Now I don't try to get to the end the hard way...... Sleep alot better and smile when I look at fond pictures! Just lost a dear friend two weeks shy of 16 years. Here he is ready to do his best at 15 years old.
Good Luck.
E

Attachments

• IMG_20221212_135344~2.jpg
    IMG_20221212_135344~2.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Do yourself a huge favor and get it over....... Been through this toooo many times. Only regret is not doing sooner and watching them suffering terrible because I wasn't man enough to let them outta here the easy way.
Now I don't try to get to the end the hard way...... Sleep alot better and smile when I look at fond pictures! Just lost a dear friend two weeks shy of 16 years. Here he is ready to do his best at 15 years old.
Good Luck.
E

That's the truth of it. I take care of it myself. Some people might say that's barbaric. No, no it isn't. It's personal with me. Dang tough but I done right by everyone of them right up to the end and there's a peace about it afterword's knowing that. I took care of it when it was time and they didn't die in a backroom with a stranger. They weren't apprehensive or fearful, or nervous. I realize not everybody lives where that's possible even if they could make themselves do it, but that's how I feel about it. But it's getting harder and harder. I almost can't do it.

I don't do the goodbye things, I can't. My wife said her goodbye's and I sent her off to do grocery shopping. I couldn't be around the emotional thing and do what I needed to do. Spent a solid 10 minutes walking circles out in the driveway talking myself into what needed done. That dog spent his last moments standing looking over a field he's known all his life. I choked back some tears, said thanks for the memories see you on the other side God willing, and turned my head. That dog knew no different 1 second, and the next second he knew no more. I done right by him to the very end hard as it was, and nobody can convince me otherwise. My responsibility, but it's a hellish tough one.

Was down that road 2yrs ago. We put down our Dalmatian of 8yrs. He suffered with seizures most of his life. One morning he started have multiple ones , we decided it was best to put him down. The worst was when my daughter came home from school that day she couldn’t find Charlie , that was bad for her.
It sucks putting pets down when they are part of a family.

Back