• Other

Votes: 13 31.7%

• Total voters

300WSM

Handloader
Dec 24, 2011
List your top three favorite firearm manufacturers
Bolt type rifles

I know I will miss some but these have to be the typical common players.
No custom stuff or the like

Will be interesting to see the results.

If you want other please vote and note it in the reply.

There are only so many selections you can use in a poll question so state your "other"

Last edited:
Weatherby.

I would have voted for Remington, but that company is on its 3rd recent life, and we have yet to determine if they're going to be any good.
Unfortunately it really depends on when the rifle was made.

Maybe tighten the parameters a bit as “firearms” is extremely broad. I have several older Remington rifles that were awesome but I wouldn’t buy a new model. My nosler (28) is a great rifle, easily one of my go to favorites

That's a tough call. I like most of the manufacturers different models for different reasons.
Opinion:
Weatherby / Vanguard / Howa is an excellent 700 clone. Still have a couple.
Can't help but love the Sako (Tikka) . Own a few.
You know...... Remington 700 is a solid action. They have such a varied history depending on the years.
Christensen - "Fun new shiny toy" The few I have shoot very good to .. well better then me.
Savage - own a few - all shoot and one is way beyond my ability. One hole repeatably.
Browning - again own a few BAR and Bolts. All good guns.
Ruger - only own pistols and rimfire. oh year there is an American in there some where. Still need work.
Winchester - owned 2 model 70s in my life and both shot great.
Seekins - My son has one and it is a shooter no doubt. Nice gun.
It was tough to say I have a favorite. But when it's time to get serious with a draw tag or .... I grab that 300WSM Sako

H-S Precision 2000 Series
SAKO if L-series or A-series
Tikka
Howa with the H-S Precision stock

The common thread for me is a bolt lock safety. H-S Precision really are not at a price point much more than a new Weatherby. They have the Model -70 three position safety and leave the factory with CofC (Certificate of Conformance). They can be found in the used market with low mileage at a very attractive price point.
IMHO hunting rifles are carried, therefore bolt lock safeties are a functional requirement and bipods are useless weight for a rifleman that knows how to use a sling in the field. The stock ergonomics amount to personal preference in the hand and at the shoulder. My choices are what please me in the hand and on the target.

Last edited:
Back