Venison Medallions

Recipes are never meant to be followed slavishly; they are meant to suggest and point in a new direction. Man, I'm pleased it was a hit for your family.

Couple of days and I am firing up some elk meat I have left in the freezer.. Can't wait.. This whole thread makes my mouth water!

Get that elk cooking, Scotty. Then, get some fresh meat for the grill this fall. We're all pulling for you.

"Couple of days and I am firing up some elk meat I have left in the freezer"

Now that is cool!

A version of this is one of my stand-by favorites, DrMike. When the weather is fit I grill the vegetables and steak over charcoal. If I'm ambitious I make up a gravy, but usually the rest of it is gone before I get around to that part...

I'll have to try this sauteed variant.

Did this one again last night - my wife and I finished off the tenderloin medallions. Dang...

Cut up a mess of peppers, onions and mushrooms to cook just ahead of the venison medallions. Mmmmmm... Very good.

Watch that HOT cooking oil. Owie on a finger!

Guy

This worked really good with itty-bitty antelope backstrap steaks too BTW... Tender & Yummie was the verdict a few minutes ago! :grin:

I suppose I'm not terribly surprised, Guy. I haven't specifically used this with antelope, but I have grilled antelope steaks and treated it similarly after that. I thought it was delicious. I can attest that quite a variety of game meats turn out well with this, or a similar, recipe (black bear, mule deer, whitetail, bison, elk and moose).

Back