VX6

gerry, the Wind-plex was just a whim :wink: I am more than happy with what I have. I am glad I did not get it done as the last couple of days have been tough as I had to get some service work on my truck that ended up being $750.00 and now tonight my daughter advised that my Honda car acted up when she was driving it tonight :evil:. It sounds like a fuel pump and of course they are all in the gas tanks now which is a real pain!!
Oh well what is that saying it is only money.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":52qxilfj said:
gerry, the Wind-plex was just a whim :wink: I am more than happy with what I have. I am glad I did not get it done as the last couple of days have been tough as I had to get some service work on my truck that ended up being $750.00 and now tonight my daughter advised that my Honda car acted up when she was driving it tonight :evil:. It sounds like a fuel pump and of course they are all in the gas tanks now which is a real pain!!
Oh well what is that saying it is only money.

Blessings,
Dan
Sounds like my kind of luck, when ever I would buy a new rifle or fishing rod I would always have something break and could have used the money for repairs.
If it was the fire dot wind-plex I can see where it could be pricy since they would have to install electronics where there was none.
Hope you get your scope back soon the hunting season is just around the corner. (y)

Thanks Rodger, you are right about hunting season, when I get back from BC there will only be about 3 weeks until Elk season starts.
My lovely wife has really started to talk about accompanying me on my hunting trips this fall. That will be really a new experience for her & me 8) but I think she will enjoy it :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Glad it worked out for you Dan. I also had a great experience with Leupold warranty work and customer service recently. However, I never have understood Leupold's pricing on different reticles. I understand how an illuminated reticle is more expensive. But not how the long-distance or windplex reticles are so much more expensive than the standard duplex.

Bret, this is jut my observation but it seems that if items are a new in design they just charge what they think they can get away with.
Bud, powder here the great white north is up over $50.00 per pound it is getting to be quite the expensive sport 8)!

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":3uy7esda said:
Bret, this is jut my observation but it seems that if items are a new in design they just charge what they think they can get away with.
Bud, powder here the great white north is up over $50.00 per pound it is getting to be quite the expensive sport 8)!

Blessings,
Dan

Oh, yeah, and incomes aren't keeping pace with the cost of hand loading!

Dan,

FWIW, the VX-6 has been working well for me this crop damage season. The FireDot and the Windplex features have performed flawlessly on several deer from 150-400 yards. We are running the 3-18x44mm on my 338RUM and the 2-12x42mm on Sue's M48 280AI.

JD338

JD, thanks for the encouragement I believe my next scope will be the VX6 in the Fire Dot Windplex but with so much hunting this year and this up coming trip I am going to hold on to what little cash I have :lol:!
I am like you in regards to using Leupold they are for me the top of the heap in what I can afford but if I were to win the lottery I sure wouldn't mind trying the S&B and couple of others out.
JD how is the crop damage deer season going for you and the Mrs.? :wink:.

Blessings,
Dan

Pretty good Dan, 14 tags filled so far.
My freezer is FULL! :)

JD338

Back