Weatherby rifle at Wal-Mart

redrider03

Beginner
Dec 7, 2007
Hey guys,

My Wal-Mart has a Weatherby Vanguard .300 Weatherby Mag with a matte finish and Sand colored webbed stock for $390 dollars. Would this be a good buy? Are the Wal-mart vanguards different than the Vanguards you would buy at a normal gun shop? Let me know what you guys think. Oh it has a 24 inch tube (but I guess all Vanguards do) let me know.

they are very good guns! Very accurate made in Japan! I would jump on it for that price! 390 bucks for a 300 Bee? Heck yeah! The only slight down side is the 24" tube as opposed t 26", but I could live with that! 8)

The guns sold at walmart are the same as the guns sold at the gun store.
Models may be different.
Walmart does have good prices on guns if you can find a model that you want.

my local wally world is trying to tempt me. They knocked the price down on that same model to $350. All they have left is a 30-06 which I do not own, but am trying to save money for a .35 Whelen :lol: grrrrrr

Good buy, good rifle, the Vanguard is well made, accurate and the price is really good, I say go for it. :lol:

redrider03

I bought a Vanguard in 30-06 and i love mine. The rifle i bought came with the scope mounted and i used it for a while and it worked very well for what i want my 30-06 to do. I did eventually change the scope but for no reason . The stock, the fit , the metal work , the balance and the action are just fantastic for a factory rifle. I like a 24" or shorter tube for the 30-06 but for a magnum i prefer more except for in my 300 WSM. I would buy the vanguard again.

Back