WHAT ACCUBOND SHOULD BE NEXT?

That's a good question.

We have found over the many years, the most beneficial attribute our Partition has, is it's 60% weight retention. John Nosler founded the company believing that a bullet should loose weight to create tissue damage. We still believe that today! That is why our AccuBond will retain 60-70%. We have a product that is very close to a bonded Partition. It is called the Partition Gold. It will retain 80-90% The Partition has been moved forward to loose less lead.

Thanks for the questions![/quote]

I vote for a .22-63gr or something of the like. I almost doubt that it will happen, but hey I thought I'd try! :shock:

Personally, I would like to see something in 6.5 caliber, but I realize that a .257 or .243 would probably be more widely in demand. (Not sure how difficult it would be to manufacture the smaller caliber accubonds) I realize it may be considered heresy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see many of us switch to Accubonds from the partitions due to their similar performance, but superior accuracy and ballistic coeffiecient. I have pretty much settled on the 140 gr AccuBond for my .270WSM for everything bigger than coyotes. Coyotes and under are still the domain of the 130 gr Ballistic Tip, unless you folks decide to offer an even lighter weight varmint class .270 projectile.

How about something in the .311 to .312 size. 180, 200 & 220 grainers. Just loaded for elk using the Rem 180 RN in my 7.62X54R but would much rather be using a Nosler bullet.

I think some market research would show a huge demand for 200 to 220 grain bullets in this size. Especially high quality hunting bullets.

Oh well, probably just another one of my impossible dreams. :grin:

Just to let everyone know these will be ready for delivery in Dec 2004

25-110 AccuBond
30-150 AccuBond
8mm-200 AccuBond
338-180 AccuBond

We know there are a bunch of holes in our line and appreciate all your suggestions and comments. We are working on 2006 and will take any and all suggestions!

I vote for a 6.5 100 and a 125 grain AccuBond. With the 100 taking priority.
There is a big market out there for "light for caliber" bullets.
Being able to send light weight bullets of high BC at high velocity, if
you can do this with a bullet that holds together like the AccuBond you will have a winner. Flat shooting and holding together.

Your losing market share to this field concept with your competator in this area.
I'll take the AccuBond anyday over the other(s)..if you'll make it.

I see the 25/100 and the 338/180 this is a great start!

How about a
243/85
6.5/100 or 105
270/120
284/120
358/200
9.3/235 or 230

Thanks Nosler for asking and thanks for hosting this site. I look forward to posting here more. Should be a great one.

What would the application be for the .284 120gr? Deer/Antelope or for other critters?

That is a major factor for us in determining the products.

The 25 should be a hot ticket for 2005!! I wish we could ship them now!

"What would the application be for the 120s in 284?"

As you said, deer, antelope and as far as I'm concerned elk as well.
Why not?

We have the infamous rifle rifle writer Steve Timm to blame for the 120 idea.
Seems he has killed a few elk (not his first choice but its all he had at the time) using your own 120 BTs. He claims they are a stouter bullet made for MS that works well for hunting. In the past I've talked with your own
Matt S. who said the 7mm/120 was a great deer bullet, while most wrote it off as a varmint bullet.
If the 7mm/120 were to be made in an AccuBond it would turn the 280 into
a 7mag as far as shooting flat and hitting hard like a Partition.
When we think of 7mm the 140 comes to mind and it should, but, why not a high BC 120 AB as well? The deer will never know the difference between a 120
or 140. The flatter shooting 120 will give the hunter greater odds of
hitting the deer and killing it just as dead as if using a 140.
The AB has it all, high BC, weight retention, accuracy, and hopefully
made in the lighter weights to get high velocity.
Think outside the box of CW Nosler. There's another market out there
besides the traditional.

Also, When I mentioned 270 I meant to say a 110 grain AB would be nice.
Think about it....It turns the 270 Winnie into a 270 WBY with a whole lot less recoil. I'm talking deer hunting here.

These new light weight AB's turn traditional cartridges into magnum performance without the expense or drawbacks of the mags.

just my little opinion

I think that it is awesome that the AccuBond will be available in 8mm. I have a 8mm-06 improved that shoots 200 grain bullets 2900 fps. The question I have is what will be the BC of these bullets, and is there any chance they might be available before December?

Would a .338 250gr AccuBond have to be too long to work in the case and magazines? How about a .35 for the likes of my .35 Whelen. :grin:

I think we also need a 35 caliber AccuBond that doesn't have such a long nose like the ballistic tip, maybe a 225 with a nose like the 180 .338 ballistic tip, a person has to seat the ballistic tip so deep that it doesn't work in short actions or cases like the 358 STA very well.

Back