What Company Now Has?

larry82052

Beginner
Oct 6, 2024
What Company now has Reloading Techs to answer the phone on Questions on reloading?
I used to talk to the guys at Sierra and also chat some with Nosler Techs but Sierra doesn’t have them doing that now is what i was told.
Is there any tech you like talking to? Larry Gene Pate

I was thinking I’ve had a couple questions that were handled by Barnes via email. Last time I dealt with them I was looking for load info and I suggested they produce an up to date reloading book. The response was that all current information was available “On Line.”
Interestingly Speer just produced a new load book-interesting because I haven’t seen any of their products I use on shelves in five or more years. . .

What Company now has Reloading Techs to answer the phone on Questions on reloading?
I used to talk to the guys at Sierra and also chat some with Nosler Techs but Sierra doesn’t have them doing that now is what i was told.
Is there any tech you like talking to? Larry Gene Pate
Phil Hoham at Berger will answer calls. He will give you load data by phone.

I don't remember the last time I talked with a tech from Sierra. I asked if they were ever going to do another run of their 170 gr. round nose bullet and the answer was a rather rude, "Never!" He told me there was no call for the bullet and hadn't been for years. The only bright spot is I found a place that had six dusty boxes still at the old price. All six came home with me so I have a lifetime supply and then some. Somebody besides me wanted some as I've had some ridiculously high offers to sell a few boxes. Frankly, they're pure unobtainium.
Paul B.

I don't remember the last time I talked with a tech from Sierra. I asked if they were ever going to do another run of their 170 gr. round nose bullet and the answer was a rather rude, "Never!" He told me there was no call for the bullet and hadn't been for years. The only bright spot is I found a place that had six dusty boxes still at the old price. All six came home with me so I have a lifetime supply and then some. Somebody besides me wanted some as I've had some ridiculously high offers to sell a few boxes. Frankly, they're pure unobtainium.
Paul B.
Not sure whats happen to Sierra, those folks used to be falling over nice and pleasant, sure miss their Tech Support for sure!! Larry Gene Pate

Mind you it's been a while, but I've had good phone conversations with Lyman, RCBS and Hornady over the years. I've also got some quick email replies from Hornady and Berger.
That’s great, you know even tho we have the group here its always nice to know stuff first hand from Techs, yeah those companies are good companies!! Thanks!! Larry Gene Pate

I have in the past spoke with Nosler engineers and Hornady engineers. Also called Leupold once. But it's been several years. All you can do is call and ask to speak to an engineer.

Back