what would you do?

Ridge_Runner

Handloader
Sep 29, 2006
I recently aquired this
xQyVRD2.jpg

It belonged to my grandfather, its a stevens 32 long rimfire, I would like to shoot it because it was my granddad's, my thought is send the barrel to douglas barrels, have him make an exact contour except barreled in 20 cal. have it chambered in 5mm rem. mag cause I had one years ago and really liked it. can always put the original barrel back on if I decide to. does this sound feasible?

Don’t know if it’s feasible or not. IF it is I think I would chamber in a rimfire like a 22mag or a 17, something for which ammo is readily available. Those old guns, in my mind are beautiful and should be used. I’ve no idea if 32 rimfire is available anywhere but i doubt it’s affordable to shoot. But for what it would cost to rebarrel you can probably buy one in 22 caliber for less than what ;you would pay to get the work done. Regardless, like the rifle

Myself, I would leave it as is and enjoy it.
Look for a Remington 5mm Rem Mag.

JD338

Instead of re- barreling it another option could be to put a liner in it chambered for a rimfire like 22lr or such. That way it has the original barrel, and the appearance is the same. Dan.

Instead of re- barreling it another option could be to put a liner in it chambered for a rimfire like 22lr or such. That way it has the original barrel, and the appearance is the same. Dan.
but if I have the original barrel I could always make it back original.

Back