Why not buy a new rifle?

bdbrown66":1ue45r3e said:
There's nothing like the adrenaline rush that comes from sneaking a new rifle into the safe without your wife catching you in the act. :p

:mrgreen:

Guy Miner":nhd7sxsf said:
Well, maybe because the old one has done everything ever asked of it, and stands ready for more...

I find myself looking at new rifles, reading reports about new rifles, and enjoying all of our posters reports on their new rifles. Now and then I get tempted to buy something... But to sell off the old rifle and buy new?

When it holds one MOA to 400 yards reliably. When it's brought me antelope, mule deer, black bear, elk, wolf and grizzly... At ranges from a little too doggone close (grizzly) to 340 yards (elk)... When it's been used in snow, rain, howling winds, dust... When it's easy-peasy to load for, and factory 30-06 ammo works just peachy too...

Well, why the heck would I sell such a rifle?

c5CF7V6h.jpg

Sometimes it's awfully nice to stick with the tried and true. Oh, and I'll hang onto it's near twin, the 25-06 as well. :)

I only use 2.5 loads for this rifle too:

165 @2940 fps, either Ballistic Tip or Partition
200 @ 2600 fps, Nosler Partition

Ya, I've worked up other loads, but those are the only two I've used on game. Oddly the lightest and heaviest were both taken with the 200 grain Partition.

Guy
Kinda funny given every thing out there in the way of new cartridges how the old O6 just keeps delivering the goods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes when you find something that just works it's hard to replace especially when one has carried it many a miles. All I have to do is pick up one of my Rifles and the memories of where we have been and done just coming back.
Nice Looking Picture !

It's hard to hurt a rifle's feelings, it won't be jealous of a new one. We're always here to enable

Back