Zeiss Conquest question

Darkhorse

Handloader
Mar 14, 2014
I bought a Conquest 3X9 for my Tikka .308 at least 5 years ago and paid a good bit more than this sale price.
Then when Meopta didn't renew the contract (Internet opinions only)all the Conquests seemed to dry up as the stocks were sold.
But now they seem to be back. And with some very good prices especially on the 3X9.
So, what is going on with the Conquest line and who actually makes these scopes.
Is this $299. scope the same as the 3X9 Conquest I bought some years back?
Just curious.

I thought the Conquest gave way to the Terra and the HD5 lines?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I haven't looked at the Conquest scopes that are being offered currently (other than the newer HD5s). However, I know that prices jumped around "A LOT" at one point. My impression is that these are the same scopes being offered at clearance prices.

DrMike":d6fa3ay5 said:
I haven't looked at the Conquest scopes that are being offered currently (other than the newer HD5s). However, I know that prices jumped around "A LOT" at one point. My impression is that these are the same scopes being offered at clearance prices.
That's what I was thinking.
Somebody found some old, "new" Conquest in a box, blew the dust off, and offered them for sale.

EuroOptic has the old Conquests on sale for some good prices. I bought a 3.5-10x44 from them in 2014, for $495. Good price very good scope!

Charlie,
I never said they were Conquest.
I said that I thought the Conquest was replaced by two other models. One, a lower price alternative and two, a much higher priced alternative.

Vince

ZEISS
Diavari/Victory were and still are made in Deutschland.
Conquest glass/internals made in Germany, shipped to Meopta for finish assembly

2010 Zeiss Sports Optics loses past president/vp/sales manager to Burris who owns...Steiner. Watch out for Burris. Very profitable, and always had good product design, engineering....just lousy marketing/sales literature.

2013 Conquest HD5 intro'd 2013 a most definite upgraded Conquest, assembled in Germany. German language is very precise, not like what's happening to US 'English', so 'Made in Germany' would mean almost 100% of the parts, and labor. 'Assembled' similar but imported components, but still Zeiss glass/coatings.

Terra is Asian Rim made. Not junk, but Euro based technical products companies have been feeling the sales/profit pinch. Terra is a smart expansion for Zeiss to get more optics market share.

Cabala's had/has the Meopta Pro private labeled as their Euro. 3-9X42 Duplex on sale for $299. Normally sold for $459-$499

It is okay Vince I was not singling you out?

The HD5 Conquests have T* glass the same as the Diavari's and higher grade scopes. In fact the HD5 has nearly killed most of the Diavari lines.

Oldtrader3":3n3oi7d1 said:
It is okay Vince I was not singling you out?

The HD5 Conquests have T* glass the same as the Diavari's and higher grade scopes. In fact the HD5 has nearly killed most of the Diavari lines.
[emoji106] [emoji482]

"Assembled in" requires 60% value, in country content added. I assume that "Made In" does as well.

The few Terra's that I have looked through did not have the contrast clarity standards which I expect from Zeiss products, no matter where they are made and by whom? Swaro does not sell Asian scopes which are not up to their name sake, Zeiss should not either, IMHO.

The Zeiss MD marked products have improved in coating and clarity since 2001 when the first Conquest's went on sale in the USA. My son has one of the first ones, I have one of the last ones. In real life, I was an Optic's Engineer for several years and made optical manufacturing machinery for Armorlite and Xerox Space Division, including +/- one angstrom lens grinders for 12 inch spy cameras which can read a license plate 400 miles in space.

Oldtrader3":3c9zxfkv said:
" In real life, I was an Optic's Engineer for several years and made optical manufacturing machinery for Armorlite and Xerox Space Division, including +/- one angstrom lens grinders for 12 inch spy cameras which can read a license plate 400 miles in space.
So your the S :grin: B that sent my buddies license plate # to the Police when we pulled off letters on the building from a rival nameless school!

It was 1:30 AM, parked the dark blue Mustang a block away, walking in the dark shadows, all wearing dark clothing, 1/4 Moon, and tall bushes at the building hid us...until I stood on nameless shoulders w/a crowbar in hand.

:mrgreen:

Wasn't me but you don't need a 12 inch, one angstrom scope for that, a Swarovski V6 would do? :mrgreen:

Back