2012 Bullet Wish List

I would like to see a new line of bullet, the Nosler Partiibond VLD.
The Partition with a VLD profile, sharp polymer tip, and bonded core.
In mostly heavy for caliber weights, and a fairly quick expanding front section.

I want a bullet to be made that stops the heart instantly, has 0% pelt and meat damage, and is really really cheap. :lol:

I want a bullet to be made that stops the heart instantly, has 0% pelt and meat damage, and is really really cheap.

+1

While we're wishing, perhaps we can wish they gave them away--as many as you want.

Bring back the old "solid base" boattail in a few whitetail appropriate offerings
.308 173 gr match grade M118 fmj
.308 174 gr "VLD" FMJ or BTHP match Swiss GP11 profile
.311 174 gr Partition (enfield/mosin/argentine sporting)
.310 155 BTHP (PSL/Dragunov/Sniper mosin)
.310 125 Partition PP (7.62X39)
7mm 150AB

beretzs":9r37i3qx said:
Randy, I was just getting here to type that exact same thing. Heck, the Whelen wouldn't hurt to have a slick 250gr AB. I'm very happy with the 250 PT at 2650 but the higher BC of an AB would help stretch it a little more. Plus, anything 358 is good for me! Scotty

Too long and I'll almost lay money on them not stabilising in most Whelen's with 1:16" barrels. That's why my 358Norma is getting a 1:12" barrel. :mrgreen: A 180gr AccuBond or Partition for the 358Win would be welcomed by me with open arms. A 275gr Partition would be heaven on a stick for 35cal magnum users ... but Woodleigh/Swift has beaten them to the punch on the mid-heavyweights.

Re-introduction of the 338cal 180gr BT for my 'target-orientated' 338Federal. Maybe even a 185gr custom competition pill for target work with smaller capacity 338s like the 338Federal and 338RCM. :grin:

Long overdue from a US manufacturer ... a 70-75gr affordable hunting projectile specifically designed for medium game hunting from fast twisted large capacity 22cal rifles ... kind of like the RWS 74gr Cone-Point for the 5.6x57. Say a 70gr AB or 75gr Partition ... even the 77gr custom competition turned into a soft point would be nice.
Cheers...
Con

6.5mm/.264 123 or 125 AB. Some want 120. If I had a 260 Rem I would want a 120 AB but a 123 would work there, as well.
7mm 150 AB (or maybe 147 or 148 gr because there is a 154 bonded out there already).

I want a 225gr Ballistic Tip for my 358Win - make them again - Please!!!

(That way FOTIS will have to give me more load data)

bullet":evyd7z5d said:

Mike, what does the BT do the AB won't? Just wondering why you want one over the other. I have to try the 225 AB out in the Whelen this year. If it shoots, I will hunt with it next year. Should be a zinger in the Whelen. The BT would be nice to have, but I don't know if I would use it knowing I could have the AB. Just wondering your mindset on the BT. Scotty

beretzs":1pdob53i said:
bullet":1pdob53i said:

Mike, what does the BT do the AB won't? Just wondering why you want one over the other. I have to try the 225 AB out in the Whelen this year. If it shoots, I will hunt with it next year. Should be a zinger in the Whelen. The BT would be nice to have, but I don't know if I would use it knowing I could have the AB. Just wondering your mindset on the BT. Scotty

Better on Whitetails at 358Win velocities but then again, just a preference no more. I use the AccuBond all the time. Shoot, not really sure why I want one now. You just rained on my own private party. :mrgreen:

I would love to see at least a 225gr. and preferably a 250gr. .338cal E-tip for those of us that have to shoot lead-free... :grin:

BigBoreDan":1rx5txut said:
I would love to see at least a 225gr. and preferably a 250gr. .338cal E-tip for those of us that have to shoot lead-free... :grin:

I just might try the 200gr ET this year, depending if I can make them shoot. I think the ET at around 3k would be hot elk medicine. A 225 would be some heavy duty stuff with a high BC and penetration out of this world.

Bill, I second your thoughts for a 200! Scotty

I concur, the main reason that I have not switched to E-Tips in the .338, although I may for the .338 Federal, it that the .340 can push a 225 grain bullet with BC's of .450+ at 3100 fps which places the caliber in an entire different long range catagory at 500 yards for strking power, drop and accuracy.

I believe that advantage needs to be utilized.

Come to think of it a 220 grain NP in the 8mm caliber would be very nice.

Bill, a 220 AB or PT would have me much more excited about a 325. I know there are others, but I like to shoot Noslers. A high BC AB would be just about the best of both worlds between the 300's and 338 mags. That would have me looking mighty hard the 325 I think. Scotty

Back