2012 Bullet Wish List

If it hadn't been mentioned already,,,I can't remember wth I originally posted without going back, lol. But when considering one can run the mono's/ E-tip just a bit lghter for caliber. I can see where a 7mm/.284 130 gr ET would be nice in some of smaller case capacity rounds.
While I hunt with NPT's 99% of the time, there are times the ET would come in handy. Just as of now, with what I have in a 7mm cant drive the 140 fast enough past modest range. Just going by the Nosler site, it is stated low end velocity at 1800 fps, but when looking at ther pic of the 2000 fps recovered,,,,I'm thinking that is minimum with 21-2200 fps move desirable. In my one chambering, I could see a 130 gr. ET giving some more speed, to warrent using over a 140 gr. PT.
And the other reality of it may be, with a 130 gr. ET, the inherent weigth retention, may very well put it in the smae class as a 160 gr PT or AB.....Just food for thought.
I likely won't be giving up my PT's any time soon regardless :wink: But If I were left no choice, I would prefer the option of a 130 gr. even in some of the larger 7mm/,284's

I just want more .25 & .30 cal Nosler hunting bullets here in my loading room! :grin:

Don't need anything new developed, just need to buy more of them. Am low on .30 cal 165's, except for plenty of Partitions. Heck, that may be all I need, come to think of it.

Also kind of wish I had a bunch of 115 gr Ballistic Tips for the .25-06 and my son's .257 Wby, but again, we've got a few hundred 115 Partitions on hand - so perhaps that is covered anyway.

Do have a pile of 155 & 168 gr Nosler competition bullets on hand. Enough to wear out my current .308 barrel I'm sure.

Dang, might be time to order a couple of barrels soon too. Bullets & barrels, buy 'em and fry 'em - it's a good cycle!

Guy

Guy Miner":2ke9shsx said:
I just want more .25 & .30 cal Nosler hunting bullets here in my loading room! :grin:

Don't need anything new developed, just need to buy more of them. Am low on .30 cal 165's, except for plenty of Partitions. Heck, that may be all I need, come to think of it.

Normally 180 gr. PT's are my goto weight in 30 caliber, and I got a couple hundred 200 AB's for the 06 as well,,,, but I can see where in this new .307-.308 Encore barrel, I'm leaning more to 165 gr PT's and save the 180's for the .30-06. I'm very low on those too, and only 1 box of the 165 PT's. Then too, very low on 150 gr. .284/7mm's PT's,,,, my goto's in that caliber. I almost hate to look too much closer, as I can see a couple hundred dollars might be not enough for the next order. I feel short, if not at least a 200 of what I use for hunting on hand, and prefer 500 for practice rounds,,,then 1-2000 on the varmint and target stuff. Kinda quit buying and slowed my shooting when higher prices/shortages hit. Now I'm in a sad state on some calibers!!! Best make that 500 bucks, and that might not be enough :lol:. As I'd like to try the 6mm-107 CC's as well beside the 105's which I'm low on too. Need some 9.3-250 AB's also,,,dang.
And not sure that'll stock me up enough to be happy. Afraid I'm going to have no choice but to be patient for the Second's when available,,,,lately cash flow just ain't there.

Also kind of wish I had a bunch of 115 gr Ballistic Tips for the .25-06 and my son's .257 Wby, but again, we've got a few hundred 115 Partitions on hand - so perhaps that is covered anyway.

Do have a pile of 155 & 168 gr Nosler competition bullets on hand. Enough to wear out my current .308 barrel I'm sure.

Dang, might be time to order a couple of barrels soon too. Bullets & barrels, buy 'em and fry 'em - it's a good cycle!

Guy

You're going to talk yourself into a thousand dollar bullet order pretty quick... :mrgreen:

Guy Miner":16sxddw4 said:
You're going to talk yourself into a thousand dollar bullet order pretty quick... :mrgreen:

It doesn't take long, even with the great price of 2nds! Scotty

out of the choices listed I would like to see the 358 200 gn and the 45-70 part. but make it 350-375 grns over the 300 grn.

Would like to see the 160 semi spitzer .277 bullet in a regular pointed spitzer. Higher BC. :idea: :idea:

.375 cal 350 gr AB with a .650 BC or a 375 gr AB with a .700 BC would be huge for the big bore long range hunter!

JD338

I'm putting in for a 300-350gr AB for the 45-70. There is a huge gap with not having a proper big game bullet for the 45-70 since the PT isn't being made. Love the PT but an ultra tough 45-70 bullet would keep me from having to go to a Swift or Northfork for my 45-70. Nosler covers everything else I shoot really well, but my 45-70.

Don't get me wrong, the 300gr BST is a great bullet but it expands way to much for a 45-70 bullet. If pushed hard at hot 45-70 speeds, it grenades. Makes an awesome deer bullet but I want a bullet that'll through and through elk without worrying about bones! Scotty

Being a custom precision long range big game rifle manufacturer and someone that has two very high performance 375 cal wildcats with lots of customers looking for a good long range bullet for their big 375 magnum rifles.

If nosler would make a 350 to 375 grain AccuBond in 375 cal, they would have a great seller on their hands.

The 375 cal has HUGE potential for a long range power house but this will never be realized without a good bullet such as an AccuBond. Right now about the only option is the 350 gr smk which is pretty good ballistically but give up some in terminal performance.

If nosler would get us a 350 to 375 gr AccuBond with a BC in the .7 range would make the 375 magnums truely special.

My 375 Allen Xpress can easily push a 350 gr bullet weight to +2900 fps. My 375 Allen Magnum will drive a 350 gr bullet to +3300 fps.

Please make this bullet so we can realize the untapped potential of the 375 caliber magnums.

Fiftydriver - welcome!

And... Which rifle action is required to build one of those .375 monsters?

Welcome into the boards Fiftydriver! Glad to have you aboard

FD, do you have any pictures of your two wildcats for us to see?

Man, those big 375's sound like monsters! Holy smokes. Scotty

Fiftydriver,

It's been a while since you posted. Good to see you again. It was an interesting post concerning the inconsistency in brass tolerances you noted. I'm with Scotty, however. Post a picture of your wildcats if you will. I'm certain many of us will find them interesting.

Fiftydriver":1epsught said:
The 375 cal has HUGE potential for a long range power house but this will never be realized without a good bullet such as an AccuBond. Right now about the only option is the 350 gr smk which is pretty good ballistically but give up some in terminal performance.

If nosler would get us a 350 to 375 gr AccuBond with a BC in the .7 range would make the 375 magnums truely special.

My 375 Allen Magnum will drive a 350 gr bullet to +3300 fps.

Please make this bullet so we can realize the untapped potential of the 375 caliber magnums

I'm the proud and pleased owner of one of Kirby's 375 Allen Magnum rifles and second the motion for a Nosler offering for the beast. I feel a bit limited with the 350 SMK offerings but hey, that's all we have....so far. To achieve the cartridge potential an offering more towards the 375 gr class would be flat awesome.

Additionally, I use nothing but Nosler offerings in my very tough on bullets 270 Allen Magnum 3 groove 8 twist barrel. Pretty sweet! (to be only a bit patronizing :lol: )

royinidaho":27jpj29z said:
Fiftydriver":27jpj29z said:

My 375 Allen Magnum will drive a 350 gr bullet to +3300 fps.

Please make this bullet so we can realize the untapped potential of the 375 caliber magnums

I'm the proud and pleased owner of one of Kirby's 375 Allen Magnum rifles and second the motion for a Nosler offering for the beast. I feel a bit limited with the 350 SMK offerings but hey, that's all we have....so far. To achieve the cartridge potential an offering more towards the 375 gr class would be flat awesome.

Additionally, I use nothing but Nosler offerings in my very tough on bullets 270 Allen Magnum 3 groove 8 twist barrel. Pretty sweet! (to be only a bit patronizing :lol: )

Roy, can you put some pictures up for us to ogle at? Scotty

Its good to see the fellas from longrangehunting posting here. Their input is welcomed here and their recommendations are good ones for Nosler to take note on. High BC is inportant BUT so is predictable on game performance.
Come on Nosler, please take note!

JD338

Back