2013 Hunting Pictures

By the way I am considering Krylon painting that plastic stock on that Zastava Stainless. Any opinions?

I did the blued Zastava, picture attached.

IMG-20130611-02378-1.jpg

Man, you are slaying those pics Bob.. Talk about the perfect bullet test animal. I heard a decent boar hogs shoulders will stop all but the toughest bullets.. I don't wish for them pigs, but I wouldn't feel too bad if I had the ability to shop for my bacon with the rifle!

Great pictures...

I like the 2nd rifle..

For sure, that is another fine hog, Bob. You're doing well. I suspect you aren't even making in dent in the population. It is amazing how fast they reproduce. You're doing you part, however.

2013 Washington spot & stalk bear hunt results:

The young man did real well with the ancient .30-06 Model of 1917 and a 165 gr Nosler Partition.

Nice one Guy!

No bears here but I did take my three kids and my old Mum out this arvo and we got two decent boars and a sow. Here is the first photo off the phone...

IMG-20130904-02532.jpg

A 150g SST outta the 270 Win from about 50 metres.

Awesome bear Guy Miner! Looks like a 260 AB?

Bob, cool pig picture! Man, talk about kicking 2013 in the Butt!

Great job, Guy. Fine results for you, Bob. Man, I like the idea of these family hunts.

Guy, that looks like a fantastic bear you and your son got. Looks like some great slopes for bear there. I will be heading out soon for some elk hunting with my 15 year old son very soon. I already still have the freezer half full, so I better start cleaning it out.

Buddy of mine drew a CO RMBH tag this year, (I had posted earlier about the bullets he was using) I don't know much, just what I got from his text), 283 yards, and guide estimated him to be 165". Can't be more happy for him! He was shooting a M70 chambered in .300 Win. Mag. I can say from personal experience that this rifle has exceptional wood and has a lot of sentimental value to him. It was his HS grad. gift from over 20 years ago , and in my opinion, any sheep or goat is a true trophy!

Attachments

• clay's ram 1.jpg
    clay's ram 1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 3,646
  • clay's ram 2.jpg
    clay's ram 2.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 3,646
Huge congrats to your buddy! That's an awesome animal right there! Great shooting too!

Excellent tag for your compadre; that is an excellent sheep. I agree with you that any sheep or goat is a trophy.

Hmmm, that's about as different from the country around here as you'll get! Beautiful.

Sure looks like Alaska. Man, that gets the hunting juices stirring. I can smell the land and feel the breezes. Lovely land, that's for sure.

This was in another post. But this was the second day of dove season here in co. First day we ended up with 60. I snuck away for an hour or so the second day..

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 3,607
  • IMG_9670.jpg
    IMG_9670.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 3,607
Well, my father filled his bear tag last night. I wasn't able to join him unfortunately, as I had other engagements; but, I am very happy he got one! From what I've learned from talking to him on the phone, he was in one of our 'honey holes' and spotted a bear 137 yards away about an hour before dark. He lined up on him with my .300 win. mag. and let a 210 grain Berger VLD fly. He heard the hit and knew he hit him well. He waited about a 30 minutes before moving down to where the be a was. He said he searched until it was pitch black but could't find the bear.

He went back to camp and told our life long friend waht happened and they returned in the morning. From what I was told, our friend found the bear within 15 minutes of being where he was shot. He said he smelled the bear. It ended up the bear had ran only ten yards and dove into it's den and expired. Amazing how quickly animals can disappear. I'm a little sour I must say, I had my .300 built four years ago and have yet to draw blood with it. But, my father and brother have filled multiple tags with it! This needs to change. My .300 isn't in the pictures, that's my father's .308 win. He took it with him on the recovery as it is much shorter and lighter for the brush they were in. They also recovered the bullet. I hope to post a review in the bullet section once he has weighed it and has more photos. Looks like it worked just fine though! Close range, high velocity, tough animal and 10 yard expiration distance. . . Don't know how you can complain about that.

Attachments

• IMG959284.jpg
    IMG959284.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 3,601
  • IMG952435_0001.jpg
    IMG952435_0001.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 3,601
  • IMG956578.jpg
    IMG956578.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 3,601
  • IMG955929.jpg
    IMG955929.jpg