2016 Hunting Pictures

Worst part is they are selling the hunts for that sorta money! Most all of the best ground for 10 miles around Aurora is all locked up by Midwest Whitetail Adventures, they require their hunters to be very careful about what they shoot , if you shoot 140 deer by mistake after paying for a 160 class buck apparently you will be fined for your error as they are managing their propertys for older mature bucks only.
I certainly agree with their policys, and the bucks I saw there were proof they are doing a great job, but it looks like those deer are waaaaay out of the avg persons budget....................
However with that said if you go to their website and look at some of the deer they are killing it is pretty hard to argue with the bottom line.
I guess I am like the Fox that couldnt get the grapes...........
e

Some buddies and I did a bit of duck hunting yesterday. It's not a full greenhead bag like this time last year because the "new" guy started some indiscriminate shooting early and everyone else followed suit. We did get about 19 greenheads out of 28 for 4 guys with some suzies, widgeon, gadwall, and a hen pintail mixed in.

Attachments

• 2016duckhunting4.jpg
    2016duckhunting4.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 8,066
  • 2016duckhunting3.jpg
    2016duckhunting3.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 8,066
  • 2016duckhunting2.jpg
    2016duckhunting2.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 8,066
  • 2016duckhunting.jpg
    2016duckhunting.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 8,066
Congratulations on some nice looking bucks and ducks.

JD338

I forgot to add it was pretty chilly. It was 6 degrees when we left town and 14 degrees when we got to the river but the wind was blowing 10+mph. The dogs had ice all over their fur and we would stick to our chairs when our waders got wet. That's why it looks like we had tons of clothes on, because we did. I had 2 pairs of thermals and 2 to 3 coats on throughout the day. It makes it a little hard to blow a duck call with that many clothes under a set of waders.

Shot this big doe during the late Doe Season at 40 yards with the T/C Contender 375 Winchester loaded with a Sierra 200 gr Pro Hunter bullet.
Late%20Season%20Doe%202016a.jpg

JD338

Excellent shot, Jim. Congratulations on a great doe. She will be excellent table fare.

Looks like a nice Doe Jim. I cant do that good with both hands .... and a stock...and a shoulder....and a rest....and... :grin: Nice shot! CL

Murdered a few more ducks this morning. It was a bit slow and we held off shooting anything but drakes until right at the end. We ended up with 25, 22 drakes, so we were 3 short but we lost 2 birds the dogs couldn't find too.

Attachments

• 2016duckhunting6.jpg
    2016duckhunting6.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 8,916
JD, Congratulations on the fine doe. Excellent shot!

Idaho, Congratulations on the ducks, looks like a lot of fun.

I am envious, :) haven't hunted ducks much this year and certainly haven't seen enough to be selective. Congratulations.

As this year comes to a close I'd like to congratulate all the successful hunters and thank those for sharing their stories. I do enjoy reading your accounts of each adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

salmonchaser":vitn2hv7 said:
I am envious, :) haven't hunted ducks much this year and certainly haven't seen enough to be selective. Congratulations.

As this year comes to a close I'd like to congratulate all the successful hunters and thank those for sharing their stories. I do enjoy reading your accounts of each adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah me too (y)

My 2016 antlerless elk, Chelan County, Washington State. Used the .30-06 Rem 700 CDL, with a 165 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip. Range was 338 yards. One shot. Very quick kill.

Guy

Great picture Guy. Congrats to a great season. Can't wait to see the viddle pictures.

Guy,

Congratulations on your cow elk and the great season you had!
The 30-06 165 gr BT served you well this year.

JD338

My muley from Wyoming, 163" gross and 29" wide. Shot at 358yds with a 180gr AccuBond from the new Rifles Inc 300WM. First critter with the new rifle, I like it.

And my whitetail I took near home, 161" gross. He is an older buck I have a shed and pics of from last year. He lost main beam and tine length but added mass. He has 46" of mass measurements. Shot at 144yds with a 140gr Berger VLD from my old faithful 264 WM custom M70. That rifle has been my interior decorator since high school.

Back