Chronograph issues

ReloadKy

Handloader
May 13, 2020
I have a magnetospeed sporter chronograph. When shooting today I got a bayo sen2 reading on the display. Has anyone ever had this happen and what was your solution?

I had a magneto speed, and it gave good results. A few times it gave and error or reading similar to yours. There is a trouble shooting guide included with the instructions. Something there should be of help. Position of the muzzle seemed to make a difference for me. I would place muzzle about half inch in front of the back end of the opening before the bayonet, if this makes since. Worked for me. They are a good chronograph I just got the Garmin for the ease of operation and being flexible for shooting pistols and muzzle loaders. Hope you get your problem solved. Dan.

It's a spacing issue. Play with the spacer blocks. Unless it's a bull barrel, I always use the thinner spacer block. Also the bayo may not be level. A piece of cleaning rod or wood dowel aids in aligning everything. From the updated PDF manual:

The error 2 message you are seeing is actually a spacing and sensitivity error. The instructions that you received have been updated and are available on our website. The only major change is the error messages. Vertical distance or the space between the bullet flight path and the top of the sensor deck needs to be between .125 and .25" One of the two rubber V block pads should get your between that threshold if you barrel is between .5" and 1" in diameter. horizontal spacing (the space between the end of your rifle and the beginning of the flat portion of the sensor deck) needs to be between 1" to 1.5" If you are shooting .30cal and larger; start with a setting of REG (regular). If you are shooting .30cal down to .223, start with REG and then try HI 1. If you are shooting .223 and smaller, start with HI 1, but you will most likely need to use HI 2 for smaller calibers like .22lr. If confirming spacing and sensitivity settings doesn't work, please contact us.

Back