Handheld Thermo Imaging

The man down in Alabama that has the lease we hog hunt on used one similar last February to recover hogs and it made the job much easier, especially those shot close to dark. I know nothing about it, other than he/they say they won’t be without one anymore. It’s a deer lease, so that’s where it’s mostly used.

I have a Leupold image sensor and have recovered a couple of deer with it pretty quickly.
Seems like Leupold got into the business and left just as fast.
I think for the price I might dive into one.

Flir is ok.
I use a polar for several years now and it helped a lot before and after the shot.
I don't know if "before" is legal for you

I looked at these about a year ago . I found enough negative reviews that I stayed away from them .

My neighbor lets a guy coyote hunt and he uses thermal. He was over here one night and showed me his set up. His rifle had an ATN Thor 4 scope that was impressive. He also had a hand held monocular that I believe was a Flir. We saw a raccoon in the hayfield about 300 yards out. That was pretty cool.
I have a friend who works at Trijicon. He brought over a thermal scope that was amazing. It was military grade unit. It was a foggy night and we saw deer in the field and I also saw a jet that flew overhead. You could see the heat signature off the engines. With the Trijican you own the night.
Amazing what $10k can get you.

JD338

My neighbor lets a guy coyote hunt and he uses thermal. He was over here one night and showed me his set up. His rifle had an ATN Thor 4 scope that was impressive. He also had a hand held monocular that I believe was a Flir. We saw a raccoon in the hayfield about 300 yards out. That was pretty cool.
I have a friend who works at Trijicon. He brought over a thermal scope that was amazing. It was military grade unit. It was a foggy night and we saw deer in the field and I also saw a jet that flew overhead. You could see the heat signature off the engines. With the Trijican you own the night.
Amazing what $10k can get you.

JD338
Only 10k? Hook me up with two, I get paid Friday 😂😂😂

Back