Health

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Well guys I usually don't talk about myself but I'm hoping I can help some one to identify the symptoms before it gets to what I experienced.
I had been seeing changes in my uren color but ignored it. I also was experiencing stomach discomfort when I ate.
This went on for a few weeks and the discomfort increased when I ate.
I experienced extreme pain in my upper abdomen so bad I had to call 911 and got a trip to the hospital.
It seems I had gallstones blocking the duct, one of which was 7mm in diameter. One of the other two was trying to enter my pancreas.
This all caused a sepsis infection which is very dangerous and can kill you if it spreads.
I was running a 102* fever with all this and had to get some antibiotics infusion to get the infection under control and the fever down since I need to have a operation to get the gull stones out of the duct and let the gallbladder drain to clear up the liver enzymes before the gallbladder could be removed.
Long story short I had two operations in 5 days.
I'm home now recovering but will not be doing anything for several weeks and then only light stuff.
If I'm lucky I might get to go white tail hunting but will have to have some one with me that can gut and drag.
Glad I didn't have any expensive trips planed.

Glad you're on the mend. As I started reading your thread I know where it was going. Back in 2017 I suffered until I went in and had my gallbladder removed. Not a fun experience but in a little time you’ll back to normal.

Sorry to hear about this. But glad it is/was “fixable”. Praying for your rapid recovery.
Blessings,
Duane

Sorry my friend. I wish you a speedy recovery

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and kind words.
Though painful the gall bladder surgery isn't all that bad but the blockage from the gall stone duct blockage is and it affected several major organs. Ad Sepsis to it and you have a major problem. Thankfully I had a great Medical team that went into the full attack mode.
On the light side, talking to one of my Nurses about all the needle tracks from Ives and blood draws said my arms looked like some of the drug addicts she has seen come thru the hospital. Lol

Get well soon. My brother went septic. He drove truck and from not being able to pee when he needed to his bladder be came elongated and doesn't empty.

Rodger, I am sorry to hear of your difficulties but am glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. It sounds like a horrible experience. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

You've been through the wringer, without a doubt. It is good to hear that you're on the mend, Rodger.

Sorry to hear about your illness. Can't relate to all you've been through but can relate to the gallbladder attacks and surgery in 2018. Get well soon and hopefully after some deer. Dan.

My Grandfather ruptured his Gall bladder. Glad that you got it figured out and are on the mend! CL

Thanks for all the comments and I'm feeling better every day.
At 74 you don't heal as fast as you once did and the inactivity is driving me nuts.

Thanks for all the comments and I'm feeling better every day.
At 74 you don't heal as fast as you once did and the inactivity is driving me nuts.
Roger,
Glad you are feeling better.
Just take it day by day and it will be behind you in no time. Keep the faith buddy.

JD338

Back