Horus Scopes

trays7940

Beginner
Feb 21, 2006
OK, I have left my question on the board for several weeks and no one states he has even heard of Horus Scopes...interesting.
Check out this web site and tell me what ya think. I bought their "first shot" calculator program and at 625 yards made a first shot hit on a target using my 7mm mag. Considering I have never shot past 400 yards, I thought that was pretty good. I think this is an interesting scope idea and would like to hear what the forum thinks. :)

http://www.horusvision.com/#

I have never heard of the brand. Where are they made?

You might post your question on "Longrangehunting"

A friend uses one for some varmint shooting. He thinks it's a terrific reticle, on a mediocre scope.

Beats me, I've only looked through it, haven't tried it. I kind of like the basic idea, but am not sure I'd ever get used to the busy reticle.

Yes! that is what iam thinking....great idea but a busy scope reticle...I was not sure how good the scope would be either. iam glad someone had atleast known someone who had tried it. :grin:

Personally horus scopes are great. I've fire one on a ruger #1 and the reticle makes hitting ground hogs a breeze out to 500 yards.

I might ought to get one since I hit coyote out to 500 and coues deer out to 618yds with my regular plex cross hair in my Zeiss conquest. Wow I might be able to make some real long shots if I were interested in doing so and this would be some mighty fine equipment if I really needed to make some real long shots which I don't. I have done it, been there, all most got caught up in the long range shooting big time till I realized I was not hunting anymore just taking long shots at targets that were animals instead of paper. I love the joy of the hunt without the fancy stuff and 98% of all my shots hunting through the years has only required 400yds or less and that includes hunting out west. Yes, I was one step away from buying a 338 edge and night force scope until I came to my senses and realized that I would miss the most important thing to me and that was the hunt more so than the shot. Ok now, nobody get all excited because I expressed myself about what I decided to do and not do. If you are into that stuff these calculators are marvelous stuff.

TOOO FUNNY... Iam a gadget man, If its a gadget, I got it. I do respect your decision though, in fact, I tell myself every January 1st that Im gonna stop spending and get back to the basics......Yeah right!!!!
:grin:

Back