Need load data for a 110 Accubond (tm) in a 25-06.

gregk

Beginner
Jan 9, 2006
I have a #4 manual & looked at a #5 manual and all over the Nosler site for this data. I cant believe Nosler has a bullet on the market and no load data. I must have missed something. Does anybody have any data?

Check Hodgdons website. YOu could also check IMR's or Alliants. You could also start low and work your way up to your rifles maximum load if you have a cronograph. Thats what I do when I have no other help.

Oh sorry my bad, I did not fully read the post. You need loads for a 25-06. I think I can help you on this one. the 110g and 115g are so close that the load data is "almost" interchangable. You can probly put 1 grain more powder in the 110'. Anyways, I tried only 1 powder as my Winny 25-06 loves H-4831. My load is 51g, CCI BR-2 Primer, W-W case, 3.250", and MV is 3085 with an ES of about 6. Load is very accurate at 100 yards, under .5" for 3 shots, and I also shot the load at 525 yards and it gave me a 3.5" 4 shot group.

Big thanks Remington man. Took a bit to learn about that primer as not used to using CCI primers, found relative info on Speer bullets & imagine you got a heck of a load. Your grouping brings smiles, good going. I copied your info for future use. I guess I have to ask nosler the big Question. Can you explain what an ES of about 6 is? Also What rifle are you using. I used to have a Rem. 700 with a bull barrel that would put factory loads in a quarter (25 cents) at 100, now I kick My self.

I have been using CCI BR-2 for a good majority of my loads now. Been getting great groups using factory rifles/barrels. I used to use Fed 210's, but have just been trying to switch it up a little. An ES is extreme spread. I shot 5 times over the cronograph and the highest to lowest velocity was 12fps, then you divide that in half. Good long range loads must have low ES's. My rifle is a standard Winchester model 70 Sporter in 25-06. I have had the trigger worked down to 2.5# and I have a Leupold VX2, 6-18 Target scope on it. Shoots several differen't bullets into .5" or less. Absolutely loves H-4831 powder. Also shoots the 117g Sierra Boat tail Game kings into .250" or less. Have actually 3 shots measure .080" !!! Out of a factory rifle and barrel. I dont think I am ever going to sell this 25-06, a lot more accurate than my old Ruger 77 MK2 S/S. I shot that barrel out, lasted about 3000 rounds, then I bought the Winchester. I have tons of load data for 25-06 and bullets from 75g v-max through 120g partitions and most everything in between. Hope this helps.

My extreme spread explanation probly isn't the best, but I'll give you numbers to show it. My average is 3085. My lowest was 3079fps, and the highest was 3091fps. I hope that helps a little more.

I found a very sweet load for my 25.06 using the accubonds and RL22. I shot the best group i've ever shot in my life with this combination that measured 0.325 :grin: . I also tried imr4350 and 4831 before trying the RL22 but i wasn't pleased with the results i got. I did get one descent group with a max load of 4831 that showed promise and would probably get better with some work but i moved on to RL22 and have no need to try anything else. I don't know about velocities because i haven't shot it through a chrony yet. I took three deer with the AccuBond this season and i'm well pleased with the bullets performance and plan to work up a load in the off season with the accubonds and my 30.06. All three shots with the 25 were one shot kills with the closest shot at 50yds and the longest around 200yds with no bullet recovery. I would recommend to anyone trying the 110gr AccuBond in the 25.06 to give the RL22 a try. Mike

Rem Brass
Fed 210
53.5 gr RL22
Oal = 3.244
f1c22355.jpg

Problem with RL-22 is lot to lot consistency and temp variation. I have tried to stay away from RL powders because of this. Not to say they aren't good or bad, I have shot great groups using them, but now I know that temp and consistency is important to LR shooting, so I try to make everything to my advantage. I wish I knew how to post pics, I would post the .080" 3 shot group with the 117g SBT's. It just looks like 1 hole. Smallest group I've ever shot. My .222 Rem has shot groups in the low .1's but never sub 0's. The 25-06 is a great cartridge, my favorite.

Back