New here

bmoore

Beginner
Aug 24, 2020
Good morning all, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brian, I started reloading for handguns around 1996 with my dad when I was a teenager. I have been loading on my own now for about 10 years now after getting back into it, rifle and handgun. I load for 223, 22-250, 243, 25-06, 9mm, 10mm and 357 magnum. I really have enjoyed loading for rifles and seeing group sizes get smaller and being in CA it makes it easy to be "compliant" with our lead free law. I. have been a member of a few forums for quite a while now, but have always enjoyed the knowledge and atmosphere of this forum and figured I am at a point where I can share some experiences/information of my own.

Welcome aboard, Brian. Trust your time with the group here is positive, as I am certain it will be. It appears you load for a pretty good variety of firearms. I'm sure we'll welcome your participation and whatever you choose to share with us as opportunity arises. If you get a chance, throw up a picture to show us some of your firearms, and maybe a shot of your loading set up. Again, good to see you joining in the fun.

coop22250":2c9fm04o said:
Welcome aboard, this is the best forum out there, no drama, no rudeness and always helpful.

Sure seems that way, thanks. I will try to get some pics up later.........everyone likes pics :)

Welcome aboard! (y)

Am a big fan of the 25-06 for deer sized game. When you get a chance, tell us about your rifle & load please.

My standard load for it is the 115 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip at about 3150 fps via Retumbo. It's done very well on mule deer & pronghorn antelope.

Regards, Guy

Guy Miner":3q84pj8j said:
Welcome aboard! (y)

Am a big fan of the 25-06 for deer sized game. When you get a chance, tell us about your rifle & load please.

My standard load for it is the 115 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip at about 3150 fps via Retumbo. It's done very well on mule deer & pronghorn antelope.

Regards, Guy

Awesome. We have actually talked before, you helped me get pointed towards a CDL in the first place. Got a few pretty solid loads. The ones I got shooting well are.......in my Vanguard S2 an 80grn TTSX with 55.5 of RL17 and 54.5 of RL22 with 100grn TTSX. In my 700CDL it likes 61.5 of H4831 with an 80grn TTSX. My hunting is predator calling. This is the only pic I have loaded on my computer right now, I moved out the COAL 20 thou and it actually tightened up a bit. This is my Remington 700 CDL that I got a couple winters ago. Both of my rifles like 115grn NBT with 52.0 of RL22.

Attachments

• IMG_2524.jpg
    IMG_2524.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 654
  • IMG_4420.jpg
    IMG_4420.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 650
Welcome to the site.

One thing I really like about this place is I’m able to show results of some efforts that aren’t working well for me and folks here are good about pointing me in the right direction to make things work better without any condescending snipes.

I hope your experience here will be as positive and look forward to seeing your posts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice CDL! Those CDL stocks are about my favorite pattern next to a Legend or Supergrade.

SJB358":1tzdblws said:
Nice CDL! Those CDL stocks are about my favorite pattern next to a Legend or Supergrade.

My thoughts too. Remington did a great job with the dimensions of the CDL stock! (y)

Crud, now you guys have got me wanting to take my 25-06 Rem CDL to Wyoming again... It was going to be the Number One this year! Too many rifles, not enough hunting..

Again bmoore - welcome.

Guy

Welcome Brian. It’s great to have you here. There are really great people here with a WEALTH of knowledge.

Welcome from another of the old guys and a 25-06 fan. Mine is an Encore with 28" barrel. It's fun but I'm eyballing those CDL's. EE2

Back