Nice Weather Weekend For a Change

I've been putting the hours on the tractor. Should start slowing down in a couple weeks and then we can enjoy the weather and do some load development.
375 H&H Mag 250 gr TSX
30 Nosler 168 gr ABLR
308 Win 168 gr ABLR

Should be fun!

JD338

we've been getting some pretty good weather here . a few dry stretches of maybe 8 or 10 days in a row . temps in the mid 70's . just perfect , I like it .

we have started to mess with our food plots . we have a couple plots disced , and sprayed with weed killer .probably get them sprayed again after the guys get home from work this week . I "THINK" we're going to try and get a load of lime in for this weekend , and get these plots limed , if it's dry , wet lime plugs up our spreader . we were looking over our equipment yesterday . we need to change the ball coupler on the cultipacker . I raised the tongue up out of the grass and we were looking . I left the tongue down and went to my truck to get a tape measure . I go over and raise the tongue again , we measure the size of the tongue . I start to lower the tongue and notice a snake standing beside me about hip high , 20" - 24" maybe . I jumped back , crips I was standing on him . it was a black snake , but it scared the crap out of me . I don't like snakes . so glad it wasn't a rattler . that's how easy a guy can get in trouble .

I wanted to get out and do some shooting and cut some trees that are a potential threat up at the cabin, but the big brown truck backed in my driveway and knocked my building back about a foot and has the support posts all cattywampus. The driver knocked on the door and apologized and said he would fix it at his expense. I don’t want to get home fired, so if he can put it back 100% by the weekend, I’ll be ok with it. I have it braced 9 ways from Sunday, a floor jack, and some temporary supports, but every morning it’s a few inches further down the hill. It used to be flush with the end of the driveway. I can’t say anything, during my brief stent with FedEx I backed into a carport.
IMG_0225.jpeg

I wanted to get out and do some shooting and cut some trees that are a potential threat up at the cabin, but the big brown truck backed in my driveway and knocked my building back about a foot and has the support posts all cattywampus. The driver knocked on the door and apologized and said he would fix it at his expense. I don’t want to get home fired, so if he can put it back 100% by the weekend, I’ll be ok with it. I have it braced 9 ways from Sunday, a floor jack, and some temporary supports, but every morning it’s a few inches further down the hill. It used to be flush with the end of the driveway. I can’t say anything, during my brief stent with FedEx I backed into a carport.
View attachment 19901
Looks to be quality Redneck engineering foundation to me.

we've been getting some pretty good weather here . a few dry stretches of maybe 8 or 10 days in a row . temps in the mid 70's . just perfect , I like it .

we have started to mess with our food plots . we have a couple plots disced , and sprayed with weed killer .probably get them sprayed again after the guys get home from work this week .
With Dad’s crops in now the focus is my food plot. Yesterday there was a little water laying around. Tomorrow after work I’m going to try plowing it and hopefully get it planted by the end of the week without getting stuck🤞

Weather here has been up and down; 59 yesterday, 92 today. Got myself a walk behind brush mower last week; ran it one day last week and once Saturday. Blades stopped moving and wispy white smoke started seeping out of the transmission. Needless to say, I am displeased. It's under warranty, and I'll be calling customer service tomorrow if my schedule matches theirs. Still...

Also with a basement like that , it should lower your tax value👍
Believe it or not, that 12x12 shed was built on posts, and whoever built it didn’t put any concrete, sand or anything in the post holes. I have no idea how it lasted this long. It just has a few lawn tools in it, luckily I never put the lawn tractor and 4 wheeler in it.

Weather here has been up and down; 59 yesterday, 92 today. Got myself a walk behind brush mower last week; ran it one day last week and once Saturday. Blades stopped moving and wispy white smoke started seeping out of the transmission. Needless to say, I am displeased. It's under warranty, and I'll be calling customer service tomorrow if my schedule matches theirs. Still...
So, I called customer service and they may have me sorted. The tech correctly identified half the problem as the drive belt for the blade coming off the pulley, and he suspected that said belt may have been getting burned up by the drive for the self-propel wheels, causing the white smoke. Not sure I believe that, but he was right about the belt to begin with, so perhaps he'll be proved correct about the smoke. Either way, I'll find out Saturday.

With Dad’s crops in now the focus is my food plot. Yesterday there was a little water laying around. Tomorrow after work I’m going to try plowing it and hopefully get it planted by the end of the week without getting stuck🤞

we got all the food plots limed today . we got a few of the food plots disced . tomorrow we're going to try and get the others disced , and get two of them planted with clover . it's dry here , we could use some rain .
while the guys were spreading lime they came upon 2 fawns . one was (guessing) about a week old , the other one they figure it was just born withing hours , it couldn't get up yet . I "THINK" they got pics of them . I'll try to get them and post them up , if they did .

I got mine planted yesterday , ground was quite wet when I plowed it earlier in the week. Now most crops here are planted we can use a little rain
Yesterday I also got a lot of our garden planted too.

I got mine planted yesterday , ground was quite wet when I plowed it earlier in the week. Now most crops here are planted we can use a little rain
Yesterday I also got a lot of our garden planted too.
we did run the disc over two of our food plots this morning . we planted and fertilized three food plots this morning . we planted tri-clover and oats in these food plots . sounds like we're going to weed kill , and work the other food plots a few times before we plant them closer to hunting season . lots of rock in a couple of them . last year we planted early , and the food plots were ate bare way before hunting season , we had to replant them . we're trying to time it better this year .

The last 3 years I planted some apple trees also. Some I put a fence around to keep the deer out only to have the bears destroy it.

we have a deer sanctuary on our lease , no deer hunting allowed . at the beginning of the sanctuary there is a nice open bowl that is allowed to be hunted . I've thought a few apple trees in there would be great . the deer are in there often feeding on the grass . when I first started to archery hunt , I hunted an apple orchard . I would climb the tree and sit on a limb . that would be a good way to be able to archery hunt this bowl .

how long does it take for apple trees to produce fruit ?

Back