nosler 2nds

jhunter1010

Beginner
Jul 19, 2009
sorry, but im new to using the nosler bullets, and was wonderin if there is a difference from the regular,high price noslers, also how much cheaper are they??

There's no performance difference between Nosler firsts and seconds. In fact a lot of the "seconds" are production over runs for Winchester or Federal ammo. The others either have microscopic scratches or are stained niether of which will alter their performance. The cost for seconds is a lot cheaper than firsts. If at all possible, I only buy Nosler senconds.

Take a look at http://www.bivwak.com.

Richracer1":1l9ck39f said:
If at all possible, I only buy Nosler senconds.

Me 2 :!: I have Nosler seconds for several calibers and they shoot just as good and kill just as dead :grin:

TScottW99":2ytk1i8p said:
Richracer1":2ytk1i8p said:
If at all possible, I only buy Nosler senconds.

Me 2 :!: I have Nosler seconds for several calibers and they shoot just as good and kill just as dead :grin:

Amen. Seconds are all I shoot.

JD338

Yah that is IF you can ever get them. I've never been able to find anything in any caliber I own that I would like to shoot. Seems theres guys that check it everyday and when they come out they must buy the whole dam lot.

Never fired a single 2nd nosler bullet out of my rifles, but theres quite a few guys that swear by them and dont see any difference in accuracy or on game performance.

Maybe one day I might get lucky and find some 2nds that I could use. I would like to see if they do shoot as good as the 1st's that I have always used.

Yes, 25-06, seconds are not for the guy who buys by the box. Shipping is a flat $15.00, so you need to buy about 10-15 boxes at a time to keep the shipping costs down.

They never have what I want and I check almost everyday so I'm stuck buying firsts someday I'll get lucky.

Seconds on bullets are fine so long as the base of the bullet isn't scared or damaged.That is the most important part. It is the steering wheel of the bullet.I cast a lot of bullets and that is one criteria that I really look at when sorting them.It is probably more of a problem with flat base bullets.The boat tail is more protected.

Shooter's Pro Shop is putting a lot of the 2nds on Bivwak and not on the SPS website store. So check Bivwak more often.

I wish they would put some 180 and 200 grain .308 Accubonds up. My wife bought me 500 E-Tips thinking that was what I wanted and I dont really have any use for them.

ReloadingInternational.com has Nosler seconds in stock most of the time. I've bought from them before and they were good to deal with.
Good Hunting
Greg

Elk Huntr,

It is not Canada Customs that have a problem with the bullets. They permit them to enter the country. It is Homeland Security that places restrictions on the shippers. No firm in the states is able to ship them to individuals outside of the USA without adding to the cost exorbitantly. So, we are restricted to buying from licensed retailers.

Back