Nosler Custom Ammo for BAR .30-06

TBASTIAN

Handloader
Jul 1, 2006
I have read that the M1 Garand's action was specifically designed to shoot certain grain bullets and powders, and that if this wasn't taken into account the gun had a tendancy to jam.

I inherited my grandpa's 1968 BAR, chambered in .30-06. It has a lot of sentimental value to me, so I would like to hunt with it more. However, it seems to jam quite often, and I just don't have the confidence to hunt with it. I have cleaned it's action several times, and have even had a gunsmith professionally clean it. It still jams...

I also own a BAR Mark II Safari in .338 Win Mag. To date, I have never had a jam in this rifle...I'm thinking that the redesign of the newer models allows them to cycle much better than the older versions.

Does Nosler produce a specific factory load that is meant to run in the older BAR's? I reload for everything, but this rifle, and would like to only run factory loads through it.

Any help or advice you might have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-TB

I would try another clip. You don't hear of too many bars that jam....but I know of quite a few Remington autos that were cured with a new clip.
Any friends that have a gun like yours that do not jam that you could barrow a clip from??

I replaced the spring in mine with a Wolff Power spring.........I shoot the same loads as my bolt actions..........IMR 4350 @ 56.0 and 180gr AB. My BAR was made in 73' and I have replaced the Spring only once. I prefer the older ones to the newer ones.

Dont't pay a smith to clean the gas system ........too easy........all you need is a small cresent wrench......and some good solvent and brush.......if you need details contact me.

I am sorry, but I cannot guarantee that our amunition will function in your BAR. Our ammunition is built to work in all modern firearms, but I do not know if there is another issue that is causing this rifle not to function. If so then I cannot guarantee the ammo to work.

Back