OK, you classic woodstock guys check this out.

Nice stick of wood, but not really my style... I like the classic style. That looks a lot like a Weatherby stock. Not that there anything wrong with that.

Very nice! Great wood/ nice checkering and great caliber. About as good as it gets for a sporter m96. Well the 6.5 is awful sweet too!

Now you know why husquvarna makes chain saws! :eek:
Nice lookin gun, are ya gonna get it?

I wish I could, most GB sellers are not legally allowed to take my bid. It is also very difficult to import them, the process takles anywhere from 2 months to a year. I'd love to buy that. It is a beautiful rifle, but I better save my pennies. My truck is still a lawn ornament, albeit a pretty one. It goes next friday and comes back the week after. So just under 3 weeks until I will be working for 2 months straight.....

The rifle collection will have one addition this year if I can help it and that will be it. I want to add a 7mm RUM Rem 700 SPS to my vault. I've got a take off barrel from a 700 SPS with the 9.25 twist in 7mm rem mag that could be recut for $50, so I am not worried about barrel life. I favor the 7mm RUM for it's reputation to deliver heavier bullets very accurately and with alot of velocity. I have a few heavier rifles that are not great carry rifles. The light barrel could have a brake installed and still be very agile and quick handling. As well, the heavier bullets don`t damage as much meat if you place your shot carefully. Of course that only works if you hit where you aimed....

JT

jtowes80,

That stock is not at all a classic 'wood' stock to my memory or taste. I find the stock extreme in terms of its style and detail. The cheekpiece is more in the old Weatherby fashion than practical or artful. There is shape to the forend that is not 'classic' at all.

Then there are the details of its quality and condition.

pix947115078.jpg

Every deer hunter needs a 257 cal. The 257 Roberts AI would be nice.
Go for it jtoews80, you will have it in time for deer season. :lol:

JD338

JD338":72ds68ud said:
Every deer hunter needs a 257 cal. The 257 Roberts AI would be nice.
Go for it jtoews80, you will have it in time for deer season. :lol:

JD338

I don't think he can being a Canadian.

He needs to have a really good friend get it for him (he sends the funds) and use it (mesnt to say hold it) till he can get all the legal crap completed to get it shipped into Canada.

Any volunteers?

Well- I like. Alwqys did like them old Wby's any who, and its a .25 cal. Maybe over-priced but most are. Dont know. Had a 93 Mauser once not may favorite action. CL

Savage99":kfwu4bi8 said:
Has anyone seen that chip of wood where it was fixed????

I would not want that rifle stock.

Well, one man's junk could be another man's trophy.

Back