Primer Update

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
From LRH forum

Expansion Ammunition Primers
We are looking forward to starting production over the coming month and shipping on a limited basis.

You will likely see them being offered retail before the end of the first quarter 2023..

Thank you,

Rich Jarvis

Expansion Ammunition Sales

Cell 214.608.5651

www.expansion-ammunition.com

I believe that PSA / AAC is getting into the primer business as well. They are already producing bullets and loaded ammunition

Hopefully they’ll be on shelves soon. I really don’t have issues getting what I need online, just have to act quickly and stomach the shipping/hazmat fees, but it would be great if it returned to when you could just walk into a local shop anytime and leave with what you need. Or even when you could shop one online vendor and get what you want with a single hazmat. Sucks when you find primers at one and the powder at another. But if you wait for them to have what you need in stock at the same time, they’ll likely sell out. End of rant, carry on.

Back when Trump took office and primers were plentiful I started putting back the primers that I needed for my rifles. I have thousands upon thousands of the primers I need. Got enough to last me the rest of my life. Wanna hear the best thing I bought most of what I have for less than 30-35 per thousand, some were less than that. Makes me feel good that when the firing pin falls onto a primer that it was only 2-4 cents per pop. LOL

Back when Trump took office and primers were plentiful I started putting back the primers that I needed for my rifles. I have thousands upon thousands of the primers I need. Got enough to last me the rest of my life. Wanna hear the best thing I bought most of what I have for less than 30-35 per thousand, some were less than that. Makes me feel good that when the firing pin falls onto a primer that it was only 2-4 cents per pop. LOL

I'm in the same boat.......I'm 52 and got enough primers to keep shooting at my average amount per year (pre-shortages) and last me into my 70's. All purchased local. Some dirt cheap and some at the end that I paid $64 for. Angry Joe can shake his fists all he wants, I'm gonna keep on keeping on.

I don't remember if I said it on here, but I discussed it with others here in my area...........my thought was way back already that I couldn't believe a company like Hornady who obviously have large manufacturing capabilities in bullets, brass, and ammo had let themselves be stuck with little to no ammo to sell.

At the mercy of Federal, CCI, and Winchester waiting on allotments of primers just to be able to make the bare minimum of ammo to go out the door, then sit and wait again. Remington is just now getting back in the game. Seemed to me Hornady would have soon gotten into primer manufacturing both to satisfy their own needs, as well as sell primers and to make sure they never got stuck like that again.

I was told a company wouldn't go through that process just to risk possibly seeing the demand fall off shortly down the road. Well here you have 2 small companies I never heard of before, apparently getting into the primer game. Had to be way harder for them than it would be for a company like Hornady. I don't know the answers, but I'm glad others are jumping in.

Back