Reloading Components Availability updates

I had to go to the VA today in Vancouver (WA) for a minor ailment. In route I go though several very small towns, and go from Washington to Oregon and then back to Wa. At Shortys Gun Shop in Claskine Or, they received a shipment of powder yesterday. They still had two lbs of Varget. Its now tucked safely in my trunk. I am now happy with both my powder and bullet situation for the new 308. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh it feels good.

Elkman":22rlqcre said:
I had to go to the VA today in Vancouver (WA) for a minor ailment. In route I go though several very small towns, and go from Washington to Oregon and then back to Wa. At Shortys Gun Shop in Claskine Or, they received a shipment of powder yesterday. They still had two lbs of Varget. Its now tucked safely in my trunk. I am now happy with both my powder and bullet situation for the new 308. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh it feels good.

Great score, Bill. You did very well.

Good score Bill, I need to get out and about and see what I can scare up. I understand that the powder situation is improving?

I am out and about again today. Stopped in to Cliffs Safe and Guns in Boise today, he had several 1 lb cans of Win. 231. I bought one, he also had several jugs of slow burning Hodgons rifle powder

You were right around the corner from my shop then Bill. Cliff's is about 1/2 mile from my shop.

:lol: Finally have all my dies, powders, primers and brass so now I can finally stop buying factory ammo!! Really like my Redding T7 Turret press a lot as well :mrgreen:

If you are in need of brass try Brunos Shooters Supply!!

Earlier today I bought some IMR7828, H4831, and RL19 at Third Generation. They still have some in stock as well as Alliant Power Pro 4000-MR, IMR 3031,4227,4831 and Winchester760. They probably have some others too. Hope that helps ease someones reloading woes. Also, I ordered it today and it was shipped today, it's already in the UPS tracking system! :grin: Good shooting and God Bless!

11 Charlie":3vq39aaz said:
Earlier today I bought some IMR7828, H4831, and RL19 at Third Generation.

You've done well. Congratulations on securing some needed powders.

Powder Valley has Tula Large Rifle Magnum primers in stock. I have no experience with Russian made primers and have no knowledge of their consistency in making accurate, repeatable loads. Third Generation has Federal 210's in stock. If T.G. has it in stock it ships quick. My powder took 4 days from order to make it to my town, delivery only slowed by the weekend/Memorial Day. Good groups and God Bless to all! Bob

Well gents.. I think the worst may be over.

My local Cabelas had a mountain of AE 223 on the shelf and it wasn't a fools rush clearing it out. I spent a few hours there on Memorial Day morning and the pile hardly seemed to shrink. In the past, anything they put out was hoovered up immediately.

They also had a very small amount of powder and there were actually Remington small pistol CCI large rifle primers on the shelf.

Back